What filling or cream would you use for a orange/lime flavored cake?

Reaction score
I really wanted a citrus flavored cake but I don't know what to do for filling or cream.

I'm currently candying some orange and lime peel as well as some whole slices of orange and lime, although I've never done whole slices before so I don't know how they will turn out.

I thought I would make two simple sponge cakes and infuse one with orange syrup and the other with lime syrup. But I don't know what to do for filling and cream.

I have a container of cream cheese and a can of condensed milk in addition to the normal stuff (powdered sugar, butter, heavy cream etc.)

I'm kind of a novice so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
I really wanted a citrus flavored cake but I don't know what to do for filling or cream.

I'm currently candying some orange and lime peel as well as some whole slices of orange and lime, although I've never done whole slices before so I don't know how they will turn out.

I thought I would make two simple sponge cakes and infuse one with orange syrup and the other with lime syrup. But I don't know what to do for filling and cream.uc browser shareit appvn

I have a container of cream cheese and a can of condensed milk in addition to the normal stuff (powdered sugar, butter, heavy cream etc.)

my issue got solved!!

Reaction score

I thought I would make two simple sponge cakes and infuse one with orange syrup and the other with lime syrup. But I don't know what to do for filling and cream.

Citrus sponge and chiffon cakes are my favorite. I prefer to keep it light with whipped mascarpone chantilly filling.

https://www.meilleurduchef.com/en/recipe/mascarpone-whipped-cream-chantilly.html

=============================

If you ever decide to play around with lemons, I would encourage you to try elderflower lemon chiffon cake. Then Pierre Herme’s lemon cream/curd filling. Then the mascarpone chantilly whipped frosting. Fresh berries on top then makes a really beautiful cake.

Ask a Question