What Holiday Has The Best Candy?

Reaction score
What holiday do you guys think has the best candy? Christmas has peppermint bark and pecan divinity, Halloween has candy corn and fun size Snickers, and Easter has Cadbury Creme Eggs, marshmallow eggs and malted milk eggs.
Right now I'm leaning towards Easter because there are a lot of amazing Easter candies.

Reaction score
Chinese lunar festivals, personally. It's not technically candy, it's more like cakes: moon cakes with lotus seed paste and duck egg yolks! Moon cakes with mung bean paste! Moon cakes with five different kinds of nuts that actually bite you back...okay, I don't like that last kind. But I always look forward to Chinese New Year and the autumn moon festival for that reason.

Easter is another favorite. Jelly beans! Marshmallow peeps! Chocolate eggs! Of course, Halloween could include those too, right? Halloween is like the candy holiday.

Reaction score
What holiday do you guys think has the best candy? Christmas has peppermint bark and pecan divinity, Halloween has candy corn and fun size Snickers, and Easter has Cadbury Creme Eggs, marshmallow eggs and malted milk eggs.
Right now I'm leaning towards Easter because there are a lot of amazing Easter candies.
After reading your post, I am actually having a hard time deciding. :) I like a little from each holiday, but I guess I would have to say Halloween! I love candy from each one but my ultimate favorite is candy corn!! I wait all year for it to come out. :) I buy a few bags and then I am set until the following year. Although it's my favorite, it's super sweet so I have to pace myself. :) Plus that makes it's even better for the next year!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
I think Christmas is my favorite because of all the candy canes and chocolate snowmen, but Easter is a close one too. I love all the cream filled eggs you can get at the store.

Reaction score
I think I would have to agree with Tina. I have to say that my favorites of the Christmas Holiday season are: chocolate peppermint almond bark, fudge, cordial cherries. But who can resist a Chocolate Easter bunny or creamed filled eggs. I love it, all!

Reaction score
Oh definitely Halloween! It's the Queen of all candy days ;), just the sheer variety alone makes it a winner...plus you have the Halloween Cadburry eggs, Reeses pumpkins, Halloween Peeps and marshmallow bats. No contest at all in my book.

Reaction score
Easter for me, I'm totally nuts for chocolate, lol! I just love Cadbury! But to be honest I make whatever candy I like no matter the season, since I'm not a christian I have access to other treats :p

Reaction score
I think Christmas is my favorite because of all the candy canes and chocolate snowmen, but Easter is a close one too. I love all the cream filled eggs you can get at the store.

I love Christmas treats as well, I'm not a christian, but we have a celebration at around the same time of the year they do. It's the best time of the year for me actually! I love to indulge!

Reaction score
I love Christmas treats as well, I'm not a christian, but we have a celebration at around the same time of the year they do. It's the best time of the year for me actually! I love to indulge!

I could never get into most of the stereotypical Christmas treats, I'm not a fan of all the mint and such.

But Trellum, if you don't mind me asking, are you hinting at Pagan leanings? Yule has a special place in my heart, for sure =).

Reaction score
I don't mind at all :) I enjoy both celebrations, but I prefer Yule over Christmas. You could say I have mix of beliefs, because I grew up in a non pagan household! I totally love Norse mythology so it seemed so logical :) It's a magical celebration! But Christmas is nice too :oops:

Reaction score
Christmas, for sure :p I tried peppermint bark for the first time a few years ago and I FELL IN LOVE. So good. I try to get Ghirardelli Chocolate's Peppermint Bark every time the holidays come around and stock up in hopes I can make it to the next Christmas season...but of course I never do :p

Reaction score
Well, Christmas is my favorite holiday, hands down!!! I love the cookies and candies!!! But I've also been known to eat way too many mini snickers at Haloween! I actually have to wait until right before to buy my candy or there is a chance it will disappear before the trick or treaters get there! LOL! :)

Reaction score
Well, Christmas is my favorite holiday, hands down!!! I love the cookies and candies!!! But I've also been known to eat way too many mini snickers at Haloween! I actually have to wait until right before to buy my candy or there is a chance it will disappear before the trick or treaters get there! LOL! :)

Me too. I usually buy the Halloween candy on the morning of Halloween because I don't trust myself around bags of mini candy bars.

Reaction score
I don't mind at all :) I enjoy both celebrations, but I prefer Yule over Christmas. You could say I have mix of beliefs, because I grew up in a non pagan household! I totally love Norse mythology so it seemed so logical :) It's a magical celebration! But Christmas is nice too :oops:

Yes, it's the same way for my husband and I...we both grew up in *very* Christian households and we'll celebrate Christmas in the traditional ways with them but in our own little family Yule is definitely the preference. Norse mythology *is* pretty awesome ;) and magickal it is, for sure. Sorry for going a bit off topic there, just got a little curiosity ;).

Reaction score
Ah no problem, it's understandable! I think I can relate, only difference is I didn't grow up in a christian, catholic or Muslim family. It's great you guys keep it interesting :) How do you guys celebrate Yule? Just curious! Do you cook or bake anything in particular during that time of the year?

Reaction score

I definitely agree that Easter rules supreme in the best candy competition! I love all of those yummy eggs, and the baking possibilities are endless too. Christmas would come a very close second, but I can get fed up of Christmas treats a lot quicker than I ever would with Easter eggs.

Hallowe'en is becoming a bigger festival here in the UK than it used to be, so I'm seeing more innovative treats and cakes springing up in the last few years. I'm actually thinking of making a Hallowe'en cake this year for the first time. I think the US has been celebrating Hallowe'en on a grand scale for far longer than we have, so you'll probably have many more ideas for treats than we do. ;)

Reaction score
Me too. I usually buy the Halloween candy on the morning of Halloween because I don't trust myself around bags of mini candy bars.
I always buy it after Halloween...MAJOR discount on the candy haha. I usually buy it and stick it in the freezer for slower consumption :)

Reaction score
I always buy it after Halloween...MAJOR discount on the candy haha. I usually buy it and stick it in the freezer for slower consumption :)

I tried the freezing candy for slower consumption thing once. It doesn't work for me because candy bars are even more delicious frozen.

Reaction score
I'm not much of a candy eater. I do love dark chocolate and I eat it year round. LOL!

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love pies and my family always made sweet potato pies for Thanksgiving. I would spent the year thinking about eat pie on Thanksgiving.

Ask a Question