What if my oven has no setting for temperature

Reaction score
When I post recipes here, I was using the temperature that I use when we bake using the Turbo Broiler (I'm not sure if you know this cookery ware, it is a portable oven that is electric) because it has a temperature setting. When we bought a gas range, the oven has no temperature setting and no thermometer either. So what we do when we bake is to estimate the time of duration or we adjust the position of the pie pan in the rack or maybe adjust the height of the rack itself. The switch of the gas range has no measurement, it's just like on or off with the gas.

Is there a way to determine the temperature of our oven and how do I set the temperature when there is no setting button?

Reaction score
Well, that is a tough one, but I can certainly relate. I remember my grandmother's oven had no temperature setting, and I had some of the best meals ever out of that oven, so it is certainly possible. I think you just have to know your oven, get to know your settings, and just keep checking on the food more. It will come with time, so for now I would say just experiment. Thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question