What is a great Gift for a Friend or Love One who bakes?

Reaction score
I can think of a few nice gifts for bakers, but I'd also like to hear your ideas. What kinds of baking related gifts have you given, or thought of giving? What kind of baking gifts would you like to receive?

I used to enjoy making gift baskets, and I would include several items, including things like handwritten recipes and lots of nice ingredients. It's fun to use items as part of the packaging too. Like packing things into a loaf pan or other baking pan, and then using a tea towel instead of wrapping paper.

I love gadgets too. They are fun. I've given more as gifts than I've bought for myself. It's probably better that way though, or my kitchen would be packed with the stuff.

Reaction score
I love the idea of making gift baskets! You can share your best recipes with your bestie and give her/him all the ingredients he/she might need to prepare those... all in that basket! But seriously, if I know the person very well, so well that I know what he or she is missing in her kitchen, well, I gift whatever is missing there, like for example if i notice she/he is missing glass containers... I get a couple pyro rey ones :) Those should never be missing in a kitchen.

Reaction score
I love the idea of making gift baskets! You can share your best recipes with your bestie and give her/him all the ingredients he/she might need to prepare those... all in that basket! But seriously, if I know the person very well, so well that I know what he or she is missing in her kitchen, well, I gift whatever is missing there, like for example if i notice she/he is missing glass containers... I get a couple pyro rey ones :) Those should never be missing in a kitchen.

Good point, Trellum. I don't think you can really go wrong with nice glassware either way, but yeah, I'd try to get something they don't already have if possible. These are the kinds of gifts I like to give when people are newly married. I gave my oldest daughter all kinds of baking pans and stuff after she got married, and she loved it. If nothing else, it saves them from having to buy that stuff, but I do like giving the fun gifts, like baskets, as well.

Reaction score
I would be giving them a gift that was something they would not normally purchase.

One of the best gifts my mother gave me recently was a really decent bottle of aged balsamic vinegar. It completely changed what vinegar we purchase. It was beautiful. I would personally have never spent that kind of money of a bottle, but as a gift it is a different matter all together.

Perhaps you could look at some speciality flour or grain that they may like. A top of the range baking tray or loaf tin or even a cookery book they may have been talking about or just happens to look good?

Reaction score
I would love to receive some new mixing bowls and an assortment of baking chips and nuts. Chips and nuts are expensive, so it would be great to receive a basket containing those, as well as maybe an expensive bottle of olive oil or vanilla extract.

Reaction score
I re-copied an old recipe box for a friend. All my old grandmother's handwritten and tested recipes. This is like a box of gold on it's own. Failing that, see what they are missing in their kitchen.

Do they need utensils? Pans/Dishes? More counter space? (like me.)

There are plenty of good ways to dredge up more ideas by visiting them/locating their cooking space and taking an inventory.

Reaction score
Good point, Trellum. I don't think you can really go wrong with nice glassware either way, but yeah, I'd try to get something they don't already have if possible. These are the kinds of gifts I like to give when people are newly married. I gave my oldest daughter all kinds of baking pans and stuff after she got married, and she loved it. If nothing else, it saves them from having to buy that stuff, but I do like giving the fun gifts, like baskets, as well.

Yeah, I like the idea of the baskets for those friends who seem to have it all already ;) You know? I'm fairly good at making things like quince ''cheese'', jam, and other candy... as well as a nice taco mix! I sometimes make baskets with homemade items like those. Sometime I even add a couple muffins and mini pies ;) Things like that. Those are great for the friends who love your baking and cooking ;)

Reaction score
Connie and Tina, I love the idea of a fancy bottle of something. Some good quality, pure vanilla would definitely be a gift I would enjoy, so that is something I would love to add to a gift basket for someone else too. Great idea.

Trellum, adding some baked goods works too. A treat, complete with the recipe and ingredients so they can make the same treat themselves another time, sounds perfect.

Reaction score
Oooh I'd love to get choco chips! I'd actually also be happy getting some nice vanilla, or an assortment of cookie shapes or fancy frosting pipes. Or even an assortment o different food colorings, hahaha. The last baking gift I got was a bunch of silicone cupcake liners, which is pretty cool because then I don't need to use liners at all, and if I have too much batter for trays, I can put it in the individual shapes!

I'd actually like to have a set of oven glasses to make stuff like flanc and all. But these can vary with people, some would think it just takes space... XD

One thing I'd be underwhelmed to get would be an apron. Or oven mitts, I was pretty much present facing for that one. They were ugly, too.

Reaction score
I would have to use some of the other great ideas here but maybe a new mixer, or other such utensils. If your friend already has those you could try and find really unique baking pans. My hubby always finds me the most interesting pans and molds. Another good idea is the storage containers of their liking would be nice. :)

Reaction score
For my friends who loves to bake I always gave them a Baking Book and a Gift Certificate from a Baking Store so that they can choose what they want to buy for their baking needs. And I am always doing this and I am glad that they had appreciated it that way.

Reaction score
For my friends who loves to bake I always gave them a Baking Book and a Gift Certificate from a Baking Store so that they can choose what they want to buy for their baking needs. And I am always doing this and I am glad that they had appreciated it that way.

This works too. It's an especially good idea for people who have a lot of stuff, so you don't really know what to pick for them. I know I like to shop, so a shopping card is nice.

@PrideKidd that's a cool idea too. I like funky pans and molds. There's one out now that you can shape into whatever shape you want. I think that would make a cool gift.

Reaction score
I think a nice set of bowls is always good or some Le Creuset bake ware as they are always welcomed. I have some nice ramekins by Le Creuset, they are so useful for baking all kinds of things and look good too as serving bowls for dipping.

Reaction score
If you want to get creative I would suggest putting together a set of laminated recipe cards. Look for those old recipes that are hard to find and have been hand down over the years. Try to find some very unique recipe to share. Make sure to print me in large font that is easy to read and on some fun decorative card stock.

Reaction score
I could also use need baking sheets, or pyrex's. I want the mold that yo can make into anything..With all the random thoughts I have it would be quite interesting to see what I would come up with. lol. :)

Reaction score
@Zyni Yes it really works and I had been doing this a long time ago already. And at the end of their shopping using the gift card I gave to them its nice to hear back from them saying to me what they had bought and they appreciated it that much.

Reaction score
If I was on the receiving end I'd be happy with pretty much anything in the bake ware department. Because I had not baked in any serious way for a very long time, I have a lot of stuff that is really old. I actually need to throw some out so I'd be happy with any gift.

When it comes to giving, I'd want to give something practical that the person would make good use of. I'd try to discreetly find out what would make the person wants and pray it's something I could afford.

Reaction score
I just wanted to post that my hubby came home with some new Pyrex's and new pots and pans for me the other day. I made the joke, "are you trying to tell me to get in the kitchen?" lol. I am a happy camper with my new presents! :)

Reaction score
I really like the idea of copying some beloved recipes from an older and wiser baker in the family! I also love receiving glass and high-end ingredients that I won't buy for myself. All of these are always much appreciated by someone who loves to cook!

Reaction score
Make a mix of the dry ingredients in one of your favorite recipes and give them a card with it that has how to make it and how to make it completely from scratch if they like it and want to make it again.

You can use something like an old large peanut butter jar and tie a ribbon around it to make it look like a cute gift.

Ask a Question