What is the best incense, scented candle, or spray you've used that best reminds you of baked foods?

Reaction score
Sometimes I like to have a more homely type of feeling in the house as a single man, and nothing does it better than great smells from the kitchen. I've had cinnamon roll and sweet potato pie sprays that have driven me crazy with cravings before.

Do you have any favorite scent products that help bring that sense of freshly baked foods when you don't feel like actually baking anything?

Reaction score
I think some of the Walmart brand jar candles smell pretty good. I like the vanilla, pumpkin pie and hazelnut latte scents.

I also like the seasonal pumpkin pie and cinnamon bun room sprays that you can sometimes find on sale in stores like TJ Maxx.
I like aromatherapy but I'm frugal so I don't buy the expensive brands of candles.

Reaction score
I think some of the Walmart brand jar candles smell pretty good. I like the vanilla, pumpkin pie and hazelnut latte scents.

I was very surprised with Walmart's pumpkin pie candle. It smells so good and its so cheap compared to Yankee Candle, which I love but can't spend that much money for one candle.

Reaction score

Yeah, Walmart is where I first got something that smelled like baked treats. Someone should get the bright idea to make scents for ALL sorts of foods. Mmmm, pizza candles. :)

Reaction score
The vanilla Walmart jar candles make me so hungry, every time! I can't handle being in the same room as one of those. They'd be smart to put them closer to the food section ;)

The best scented thing that reminds me of baked foods is the Chapstick brand chapstick that smells of cupcakes. Seriously delicious-smelling and you can fit it in your pocket!

Reaction score
I use the glade sprayer, and I like the vanilla smells. Those sprays make my house smell so good. There candles are really good too. I love them. I don't know if Home Interior is still around because I haven't heard of them in a while, but they had the best smelling candles, that were related to food, that I have ever smelled

Reaction score
I've been to Yankee Candle and they have some nice scents. However, I can't see myself paying some of the prices they want. Twenty to twenty-five dollars for a candle? I don't think so..

Reaction score
I really like Yankee Candles too and so I always wait for the sales so I can stock up on the candles. Sometimes,they have incredible deals and so I have gotten 6 large candles for about $100. I think it's an awesome deal considering that their candles are expensive and the smell is so heavenly.

Reaction score
I really like Yankee Candles too and so I always wait for the sales so I can stock up on the candles. Sometimes,they have incredible deals and so I have gotten 6 large candles for about $100. I think it's an awesome deal considering that their candles are expensive and the smell is so heavenly.

I understand that $100 is a bargain for people that shop at Yankee Candles, but I can't imagine personally spending $100 on candles. I think my flat panel computer monitor cost $100. The most I would spend on a scented candle is $6.

Reaction score
I find yankee to be pretty disgusting actually. Very synthetic and cheaply made. Most large candle companies make candles that are nothing more than headaches to me. My personal fave though is probably banana bread (for bakery scents that smell like the real deal). Otherwise, I'll always be a vanilla girl.. it's my favourite baking scent.. it may not be the finished product, but it's in the ingredients ;)

Reaction score
I must admit that I do not have scents in my home that mimic baked goods. I am a fan of Air Wick's Freshmatic gizmo. You put a spray can inside and it automatically releases a mist of sweet stuff throughout the day. My scent of choice is lavender.

300_74792.jpg

Reaction score
I like the apple pie or pumpkin pie kinds. I skip the Yankee candles and such and prefer buying candles from Glade, Febreeze, etc. They cost a lot less but smell just as good to me. I can't seem to convince myself to spend $30 on a candle. I like to burn them too much and would go through the whole thing way too quickly.

Reaction score
When you buy Yankee candles, you don't have to spend $30, $50, $100 on candles!! That is ridiculous. I like their scents a lot, but their votives are like $1.99, and you can get coupons and stuff to save money.

I really like their "Christmas cookie" candle because it smells like vanilla and sugar. I also like the pumpkin pie candles because it's like a variation on that basic smell but with cinnamon and spice thrown in too. I agree that I like smelling the different ingredient smells :)

Reaction score
Anything Cinnamon or apple scented! Cinnamon is probably my favorite thing to add to anything ever, just because when you're baking with it fills the kitchen with the loveliest of smell. So I like to stock up on Cinnamon scented candles- especially when they all get reduced after Christmas time.

Reaction score
I have an amazing Vanilla Spice diffuser oil that makes me hungry just thinking about it. I use it when we have company coming over. I want some delicious baked goods now that I've thought about Vanilla Spice, I guess I need to go find a recipe.

Reaction score
I think if you are looking for candles that last and smell as advertised I would recommend Yankee or White Barn. Yankee has become increasingly expensive over the years, but the candles have great burn time and burn very clean so it may be worth it. I generally buy White Barn because I can get them at Bath and Body Works with a coupon. My favorite fragrances are apple cider, this one almond cookie type and of course anything pumpkin pie.

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with Yankee candles. They smell great and last a long time. I love their sugar cookie candle, but only use them during the winter months. During the summer, I have to go with something more fresh and earthy.

Reaction score
I just joined "Pink Zebra" as a consultant. (ok, I only did it to get the starter package, it had the stuff I wanted in it) They have some of the best smelling 'sprinkles" (little soy and paraffin dots) that you can put a wick in to make a candle or put them in a warming dish. You can also mix the 'flavors'. My favorite is Blueberry muffin and Amaretto cream. I just have to remember not to eat it!

Reaction score
I have a soy candle in our living room, and it smells so much like a fresh bake Apple Pie that people have thought that I was baking an Apple Pie when I burned it! It's funny when you have to tell them that, no sorry, that's a candle. I don't remember where the candle is from, since it was a gift and the tag as long since fallen off.

Reaction score
I get that all the time. With the Pink Zebra sprinkles I get to mix different varieties. Right now I have chocolate sugar cookies warming and scenting the house- chocolate whoopee pie mixed with sugar cookie.

Yesterday was amaretto and blueberry muffin. I constantly have to remind myself I can't eat the sprinkles (soy and paraffin dots)

Ask a Question