What is the best new baking tip you recently learned?

Reaction score
The brand Sara Lee has an article on it's site titled "10 Tips for the Perfect Pie". Most of them are common knowledge for an avid baker. The last point is the one that was new for me. It was how a person shouldn't bake pies with their holiday turkey or ham because of the temperature variances. I have done this in the past and wondered why one or both didn't come out quiet right.

Reaction score
Well, the last one should be common knowledge also. When you are cooking meat you would need them at a certain temperature. You can't cook pie on the same temperature as meat.

Reaction score
One blog said to turn a muffin tin upside down, then press tortilla shells down between the cups and bake them to make taco bowls. Great idea!

Also, I heard to use a little sodium citrate or simply a slice or two of plain old processed american cheese in your cheese sauce when making baked mac and cheese - supposed to help keep the sauce from separating.

Reaction score
I have not learned any baking tip lately, what means that I'm going to borrow these ten tips for baking the perfect pie, some of which I didn't know.

Ask a Question