What is the biggest batch of cookies you have ever made?

Reaction score
Whats the biggest batch, how much time did it take, and what type of cookie were they?

My biggest batch was 120 snicker doodles, which took me 6 hours to bake (by myself unfortunately), and it was for a party. The smiles on other people were worth it! So, what was the biggest batch you have ever made?

Reaction score
The biggest batch of cookies I've ever made was only 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies. I think I doubled a recipe or something. Anyway, I mailed the extra ones to a friend in another state.

Reaction score
Wow, 120! That's crazy! I made peanut butter and strawberry jam cookies the other day and I managed to make 32. The recipe said it was supposed to make 25, so I reckon I made mine smaller than I was supposed to. They expanded quite a bit in the oven though, so they turned out to be a decent size.

Reaction score
I think the most I've ever baked at once is a double batch of anything. Cookies take a LONG time, as you are obviously aware from your marathon snicker doodle episode. I just don't have it in me to spend that long at it. Plus, I don't know if I could mix that much dough up at once!!! Did you use a giant bowl and mix it all at once or mix separate batches.

I always make a variety of cookies at Christmas time and I used to do marathon baking days, making several varieties on a couple of different days. I always ended up not enjoying the process and often the cookies weren't as good as they could have been. So now I start early enough so that I can make a single type of cookie on any one baking day (double batches are my limit there) and put them into the freezer. Since no type is ever in the freezer for more than a month they are all still very tasty. (...and now I have a craving for chocolate chip espresso short bread cookies...a new recipe from last year!)

As much as I love to bake I just can't stay at it all day. I have a great respect for people who can bake for a living...especially, for some reason, people who turn out a number of pies every day. I know they have likely larger kitchens that I do, and possibly more equipment, but multiple pies in one days seems daunting to me!

Reaction score
Whats the biggest batch, how much time did it take, and what type of cookie were they?

My biggest batch was 120 snicker doodles, which took me 6 hours to bake (by myself unfortunately), and it was for a party. The smiles on other people were worth it! So, what was the biggest batch you have ever made?

That is a lot of cookies. The most I have ever made in one setting is about 50 maybe, now cupcakes I made over 150 at one time, lol...

Reaction score
About 30 rock buns when I was at school. Think I doubled the mixture or something, but they were really nice and lasted ages.

Reaction score
The most I have made has been about 3 dozen or so chocolate chip cookies. I have made more no bake cookies than that. I love to give no bake cookies for Christmas holidays. I am not sure how many of those I have made during one day. I gave tins of no bake cookies to most of my relatives though so it was quite a few. I lost track after a while.

Reaction score
500 cookies for an international church conference. My mom had to do the catering, and my sister and I baked cookies literally over 2 days, since my mother insisted the people didn't come this far for store bought cookies.

We made all kinds including coconut, chocolate, ginger snaps etc. Afterwards people were asking who did the baking and asked me to bake for them and that they would pay me. I discovered there is a market for cookies and biscuits, because people just don't have the time anymore to bake.

Reaction score
That is a lot of cookies. The most I have ever made in one setting is about 50 maybe, now cupcakes I made over 150 at one time, lol...

Dorothy, my hat is off to you! ONE batch of cupcakes is more than enough for me! I'd rather make and decorate a cake, any day. I'm not sure what my aversion to cupcakes is. Maybe too many of them for school bake sales when the kids were young? Oh, and finding out at the last minute that the batch you THOUGHT would make the number you signed up for was actually 6 short and you had to make more, late at night, tired on your feet, .... ;)

Reaction score
The biggest batch is about 50, which could have made more. The recipe I have doesn't list how many it's supposed to make. However, when I made them, the recipe called for making the dough into 2-inch balls. I made them a 'little' bigger than that and it still gave me 40-50 cookies.

Reaction score
I've just realised this thread said cookies and not cakes in general. So in cookies, a lot less than the original number I said of 30 haha.

Reaction score
My biggest batch of cookies was about 5 dozen of all varieties. I made them for a party/grade in cooking class. It took me 6 hours to make snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, and oatmeal raisin cookies. Not all of them came out perfect, but everyone loved them.

Reaction score
I've only ever done a couple dozen of the same cookie recipe at a time, but around Christmas things can get pretty crazy. When I was little I remember my mom made a giant gingerbread man for a school fundraiser--it was literally as big as a sheet pan!

Reaction score
I've only ever done a couple dozen of the same cookie recipe at a time, but around Christmas things can get pretty crazy. When I was little I remember my mom made a giant gingerbread man for a school fundraiser--it was literally as big as a sheet pan!

That is SUCH a cool idea!! Did she have a cut out that big?? Or did she simple shape it by hand? What fun that must have been. Are there any photos?

Reaction score
well, I never personally baked more than 50 cookies or so but my grandmother used to send me SACKS (15 kilos) of cookies when I was away in college. :) I think she would bake them all in one day or so :). Any way that is absolutely crazy :)

Reaction score
I made about 40 coconut cookies for a party once. Since then I've stuck to batches of a dozen tops.

Reaction score
I've made about four dozen pizelles for several bake sales I was participating in while in school. They go pretty quickly though, since you just scoop them out onto the pizelle maker a couple at a time - and they cook quickly.

I made at least 200 chocolate and peanut butter "buckeyes" once for a Christmas party for my graphic design class. I don't know what on earth I was thinking, since there were only about 15 people coming to the party - I bought way too many ingredients and mixed this enormous batch of filling, so I had to use it up.

Reaction score
That is SUCH a cool idea!! Did she have a cut out that big?? Or did she simple shape it by hand? What fun that must have been. Are there any photos?

I believe she printed out the outline of the gingerbread man on a giant piece of paper and used it as a stencil? Or she at least printed it on regular sized paper and just kind of eyeballed it. Yes, now that I think about it she used the small piece for reference and just went ahead and cut. It turned out so well. :) I don't have any photos, no, just memories, sorry >.<

Reaction score
I have only managed to do three dozen cookies. I have not been able to do as many as you. I like making cookies and making chocolate chip cookies is my favorite. I make good peanut butter cookies too, but I like to make soft chocolate chip cookies.

Reaction score
The biggest batch of cookies I've ever made, was for Halloween at my fiance's niece's house. We were making them for the family, and the family is huge, so we had to accommodate. I would say we easily made 300 at the least. I would probably estimate that it was closer to 500. We made all different kinds...Sugar, chocolate chip, peanut butter, there were tons!

Ask a Question