What is your favorite cookie recipe?

Reaction score
I am a really big fan of chocolate chip cookies and I use multiple recipes. When I am in a lazy mood, I may even pick up one of those Betty Crocker mixes. It only requires that you add butter and water. It is not as good as homemade but it's better than premade store bought ones, in my opinion.

For Easter though, I want to try some new recipes. There is this really interesting cookie, that is shaped like an egg and has candy on the inside.

For people who may not be able to look at the video for whatever reason, I will post the recipe here. Thankfully the poster of the video had this typed out.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter, it didn't add it)
Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.

In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.

Mix in the flour a little at a time until all the ingredients are well combined.
If the dough is crumbly, bring it together into a dough ball with your hands, kneading slightly.
If your dough is too sticky or soft, chill it for 30 minutes in the fridge.

Roll out the dough between sheets of parchment paper until it is 1/4" thick all over. If your work surface is very small, or if your kitchen is very hot , cut the dough ball in 2-3 pieces and roll out one piece at a time.

Using a cookie cutter cut out the shapes, you will need two whole egg shapes and one egg shape with a whole in the middle for each piñata cookiesg. Before removing excess dough from cutouts, place the whole sheet in the freezer or fridge for about 20 minutes and then remove the cutouts with a spatula and then transfer to a cookie sheet.

Place the cookies on a greased (or parchment or silicone lined) baking sheets and bake at 350F for 9-10 minutes or just until the edges are brown.

Let the cookies set on the sheets for about 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

To make the piñata cookies attach a cookie with a hole to a whole cookie with frosting, fill the cutout hole with small candies and then attach another cookie on top with more frosting.
Frosting recipe I used can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfTR_c...
You can use commercially available frosting as well

I glazed the cookies using a recipe I found here:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sugar-co...

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
food coloring

In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, milk, corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more more milk or water. You need a frosting that will be runny enough to flow from a spoon.

Reaction score
Those look and sound amazing! My favorite cookie is a classic Whoopie Pie that I adapted for my family. I make the little chocolate cakes and then for the filling I mix together 1 stick of salted butter, 1 jar of marshmellow fluff, and 1 package of cream cheese. They are delicious. My family did not care for the marshmellow confectioner's suger that the recipe originally called for, so I created my own filling recipe.

Since then I have adapted even further and now make a vanilla Whoopie Pie with chocolate filling. For that filling, I melt down chocolate chips and add them unbeaten whipping cream. I then mix this together and stick it in the fridge to cool down for a couple of hours. Once it is cool, I remove it and use my hand mixer to beat the filling until it is light and fluffy. The chocolate chip fragments give this filling a nice crunch that is very good.

Ask a Question