What is your favorite made from scratch cake?

Reaction score
Asking this question, I had to really think back on what it was I made from scratch and really liked the cake. I've not been a made from scratch maker very long as I have always been straight out of the box kind of person. I bought a huge bag of Krusteaz pancake mix and had no idea on what to do with it all because my kids and I just wasn't eating a lot of pancakes.

I then turned to a friend that I know that makes a lot of recipes out of her pancake mixes. She told me to try the applesauce cake recipe. She was talking about how so moist it would be after it was baked and so forth. I took her word and the kids and I got busy making this cake. My kids enjoyed going around and gathering all the ingredients we needed.

I do have to agree it was by far the best homemade cake I have ever made and eaten. It was absolutely delicious. My pickiest of all picky kids even ate this cake.

Applesauce Cake is my choice!

Reaction score
My absolute favorite is my mother's Caramel cake. Everything is made from scratch including the icing. I remember as a kid
watchint the entire process if sifting the flour and everything. And you could'nt beat the taste, it was just sweeter and different than a box cake.

Ask a Question