What is your favorite place to go on vacation?

Reaction score
My favorite place to go is Georgia. That's where I am from and where half of my family lives. I would also love to visit Ireland someday. I would maybe even want to live there. What is everyones favorite place to go? Where might you like to go?

Reaction score
I went to California on honeymoon and loved it! There was such variety - we started off in San Francisco then went to Yosemite (which was incredible!) and then to the coast. I loved the place and would happily go back!

That being said, we are quite spoiled in Europe with all the gorgeous places to visit. I do love Paris :D

Reaction score
I haven't been anywhere outside of the US, yet. I'd love to check out Japan, and Santorini ,Greece someday.

If I'm in the mood to do a lot of activities, I like New York city because there's constantly something going on and everything is always open.
If I'm in the mood to relax and not do a lot, I just stay in Florida where I live and go to the beach or the national parks.

Reaction score
I love going anywhere on vacation. Next month we are going to Key West for a week. We hope to have several fish to grill and make into fresh fish dip.

Reaction score
What's a vacation? :confused:

Oh, yeah I remember now. I like road trips in general. I like driving up in the mountains and along the coastlines.

Reaction score
My favorite is Florida. Specifically Miami and Key West. But any tropical destination will due! I'm totally sick of the cold Canadian winter weather.

Reaction score
My favorite is Florida. Specifically Miami and Key West. But any tropical destination will due! I'm totally sick of the cold Canadian winter weather.

I live in Miami. The weather here IS pretty nice.
I think sometimes we take it for granted. I've resolved to be more of a tourist in my own city and show my daughter more of the tourist spots that she hasn't had a chance to see. I think you get so used to living in a place that you forget how many things there are to do and how many people pay good money just to visit your home city.

Reaction score
I love skiing so for me my favorite vacation spot is Breckenridge, Colorado. There is absolutely no ski resort quite like Breckenridge, and it has a lovely little town. Not only is there fantastic skiiing, but the site seeing is absolutely breathtaking.

Other than that, I like to road trip a lot and a few note worthy trips were to the Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park.

Reaction score
I'd tell you but I'm afraid of spoiling it. Honestly, it's this gorgeous little campground near Yosemite National Park. We go there every few years as a family. A creek runs through the campground providing many decent swimming holes and natural watersides. In recent years it's become more popular and is a bit more run down than in the past but it's still a gem...

Reaction score
I live in Miami. The weather here IS pretty nice.
I think sometimes we take it for granted. I've resolved to be more of a tourist in my own city and show my daughter more of the tourist spots that she hasn't had a chance to see. I think you get so used to living in a place that you forget how many things there are to do and how many people pay good money just to visit your home city.

I'm so jealous! I'd love to live in Miami one day.

Reaction score
My hubby and I have a little get-away place on a bay about four hours away from our home. We rent it for a week each summer and we love it! It's rustic and there is very little to do there except relax, read, watch the wildlife and go for walks along the bay (and look at rich folks' houses! LOL) One of the best things about our vacations is choosing our menu and spending time cooking together each day. It was a ton of fun the first year we went and discovered this to be such a joyful time together!

Reaction score
I have been to New York once before and I found it to be awesome, however I prefer to be where there is lots of nature as oppose to where there are lots of shops. I haven't travelled as much as I'd like to over the years, but my last trip was to the Netherlands, it was really peaceful and I enjoyed the Dutch scenery very much.

Reaction score
I went to the Grand Canyon once and remember being in awe of it. Such beautiful reddish landscape everywhere. It was a wonderful experience albeit tiring since we went trekking. If I could, I would definitely go back again.

Reaction score
I'm so jealous! I'd love to live in Miami one day.

Canada is pretty too. A lot of Americans watched the winter Olympics in Canada and thought, "Those mountains are gorgeous." I wouldn't be surprised if you guys got more tourists after the Olympics aired on TV.

Reaction score
My favorite place to go is Georgia. That's where I am from and where half of my family lives. I would also love to visit Ireland someday. I would maybe even want to live there. What is everyones favorite place to go? Where might you like to go?

I would have to say Texas because all of my kids and their families are there except for four which are living in the same state as I am, so that would be where I would want to go and vacation.

Reaction score
I would have to say Texas because all of my kids and their families are there except for four which are living in the same state as I am, so that would be where I would want to go and vacation.
Texas is a nice place to live. I lived there for about a year when I was little. I think I was about four. I know the town, and I would have to ask my mother, because I can't remember the name. I really remember the dry heat compared to where I live now. It gets so humid here. Texas is awesome.

Reaction score
Canada is pretty too. A lot of Americans watched the winter Olympics in Canada and thought, "Those mountains are gorgeous." I wouldn't be surprised if you guys got more tourists after the Olympics aired on TV.
I have heard it is really pretty there. Have you been there?

Reaction score
What I would really love to do for a vacation is to go on one of those cruise ships down to the Bahamas for about 3 days. I really have never just gone on a vacation to anywhere, but I have traveled around for one reason or another, so I have lived or visited a lot of places.
But to just go on a beautiful cruise ship, try all the awesome buffets on board, and swim in the pool, that would just be such an awesome experience !

Reaction score
I have heard it is really pretty there. Have you been there?

Not yet, I was one of those Americans who watched the Olympics and thought "Wow, Canada is gorgeous, I'm totally adding it to my list of places to visit someday."
I mentioned Canada because I was replying to a Canadian forum member who envies my living in Florida.

Reaction score
Texas is a nice place to live. I lived there for about a year when I was little. I think I was about four. I know the town, and I would have to ask my mother, because I can't remember the name. I really remember the dry heat compared to where I live now. It gets so humid here. Texas is awesome.

Yes it is a really good place to live, I moved there from Alabama when I was about 9 or 10 and lived there for over 40 years, I didn't thing I would ever leave. I can't wait to go back to visit or maybe even to stay.:)

Ask a Question