What is Your Favorite Thing to Bake?

Reaction score
I think everyone has favorite things to bake.

I prefer baking cookies, brownies and cheesecakes.

I do enjoy breads, pies and cakes, but they aren't my favorites.

What is your favorite thing to prepare when you are in a baking mood?

Reaction score
Cupcakes and bread are my favorite things to bake. I probably prefer bread, right now. I have not had a lot of time to do cupcakes, because I like to go all out on them. I am also fond of my famous chocolate pie, but I tend to eat half the pie. So, I have convinced myself to only make it for special occasions.

Reaction score
My favorite thing to bake is cupcakes! I love then because it's an easy - share treat for classrooms, parties, staff rooms and tons of other occasions. They are hand held and easy to eat.
Decorating is my favorite part. Frosting colors, candy, sprinkles and some imagination can really do wonders and make a fabulous looking cupcake that's cute to see and yummy to eat. I have decorated cupcakes to look like mashed potatoes and butter (white whipped frosting + yellow starburst), spaghetti and meatballs (strawberry sauce + truffle balls) and graduation caps (square chocolate cookie + a string of twizzlers pull 'n peel). To me the top of a cupcake is like a blank canvass to decorate a million different ways!

Reaction score
I love trying new recipes the most, I will try new brownies or pastries the most. I'm not a big cookie baking fan, it always seems to take too long to bake the cookies, I love the one pan masterpieces. I would say, however, that my favorite thing to bake would be cakes or special desserts for birthdays or parties, I love people "oohing" and "ahhing" and the surprised looks on their faces when I bring in something I make.

Reaction score
Probably cookies. Oh and pies! I love baking brownies too. And bread! (when I have a no fail recipe). Um.. I think the list of things I don't care to bake is shorter.

Reaction score
There's something so wholesome about baking pies. They're easy to make, but they don't make you feel sick like cake. Fresh fruit in the summer always makes we want to bake pie!

Reaction score
I love baking English scones, and serving them with whipped cream and jelly. They're so taste, and they always lift my mood. They're simple to bake and very forgiving, it doesn't matter if you get the mixture slightly wrong or if they don't look neat, that just adds to the appeal in my opinion!

Reaction score
I would say, the thing I most often bake these days would be pizza. i'm not particularly good at making breads or doughs for some reason, so pizza is rather forgiving in that the toppings will often save the day and make an otherwise bland pizza crust edible.

Though I am terrible at making breads, I still enjoy trying and experimenting to find out what I am doing wrong. Recently I found out what might be causing a lot of my problems, using tap water instead of filtered water - particularly when blooming the yeast. I did not realize this, but apparently the chlorine in tap water will kill the yeast, which explains why I would seldom see it foam up as much as I would in online videos.

Reaction score
My favorite thing to bake has got to be cookies. I think this is because my grandmother would bake cookies non stop during the holiday season and I always enjoyed helping her with her baking.

N

noahkma

I love baking cookies because, first off, they're so easy to make. Secondly, they're so delicious. I could eat a cookie or cookies any time of the day. The preparation is almost insignificant and the amount of time it takes to cook is so small, I wouldn't be able to, figuratively, see it if I were to squint. Cookies win this argument.

Reaction score
Cake! You have no idea how much I love cakes. The moist the better! I try to switch it up when baking cakes, sometimes I'll make them into cupcakes, sometimes I'll have them be filled with pudding instead of traditional frosting, sometimes I make the cakes crunchy by adding nuts, and sometimes I just start drawing masterpieces on the cakes with the frosting! On my husband's birthday a few years ago, I sat down with my sister-in-law and drew a fantasy scenery on his cake, complete with dragons and a castle! He loved it. When my husband graduated, as a present I made him a cake with hershey's kisses bordering around it, and even melted some of it to make nice swirl designs on the frosting.

I would love to own my own bakery where I'll do nothing but make cakes, donuts, cupcakes, muffins, etc. all day for a living, but I don't have the funds and I don't think I'll be a good business owner, I'm too nice so I'll most likely have employees walk all over me. I generally do not like cookies, but if asked I can whip up some sugar cookies or chocolate chip cookies. They will taste okay but that's because I don't put as much care into them as I do my cakes. Brownies is a close second, I love to make brownies. One day I will try to make the turtle brownies, I made the rocky road brownies and was dismayed to have my marshmallows evaporate when it got out of the oven! I guess I bought the wrong marshmallow brand or something. I generally don't like marshmallows in brownies, I haven't experimented with caramel though so that's why I'm hoping that one of these days I can make turtle brownies!

Reaction score
I like cupcakes because you can do anything with them. I've even seen savory cupcakes, that were a ground beef cupcake with mashed potato frosting , and turkey and stuffing cupcakes. So you can make almost anything in a compact cupcake form and I think that's pretty fun.

Reaction score
I agree -- cupcakes are pretty cool. I have also seen ground beef cupcakes with mashed potato frosting, but I definitely don't think of that when I think of cupcakes. I agree that it's fun to get creative with them, and they're fun to serve. Plus, they're small enough that they're easy to work with.

Reaction score
I saw once on Ace of Cakes that Duff Goldman hates cupcakes because they make average people think that they can bake.
What's wrong with average people baking? Not everyone can afford one of those custom $700 cakes. If making a pan of cupcakes makes a regular person feel like they can be creative, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Ask a Question