What is your favorite thing to bake?

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite thing to bake? Mine would be bread because there's so much that can happen to bread from just three ingredients: water, yeast, and flour.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The most popular thing I make is cookies, but I really enjoy making pies the most. My favorite time to make a pie is when I have picked the fruit myself, so the pie is virtually free to make. That is when I feel the most satisfied with my work.

Reaction score
I like to bake cakes, cupcakes or sponge cakes because I love the smell and to see them rise. Only a few haven't risen, but I love them when they come out of the oven. I do love pies, though they do take longer and I don't make them as often unless I have people coming around as they taste better fresh than kept as leftovers.

Reaction score
I love baking pies and cheesecakes- primarily because they are also my favorite baked things to consume ;). Seriously though, so many different flavor options and ways to decorate them...

Reaction score
I love to bake good cookies. It's a rarity now for me, being gluten free, but I just love the smell of cookies in the kitchen. It is so satisfying. I often cheat and make cookie bars to save time, but the effect is still the same. That warm chocolate and butter and spice smell is just wonderful.

Reaction score
I love baking pies and cheesecakes- primarily because they are also my favorite baked things to consume ;). Seriously though, so many different flavor options and ways to decorate them...

JessiFox, you know I watch you closely and did not realise you were a cheesecake person. Now I know this you are going to have to hook me up with a SIMPLE recipe.

I love to do a chocolate cake mostly because of my son. Anyway a carrot cake I did recently was so nice I am going to do it twice:).

Reaction score
JessiFox, you know I watch you closely and did not realise you were a cheesecake person. Now I know this you are going to have to hook me up with a SIMPLE recipe.

I love to do a chocolate cake mostly because of my son. Anyway a carrot cake I did recently was so nice I am going to do it twice:).

Well now you know ;). Oh gosh, I can hook you up with so *many* simple cheesecake recipes...cheesecakes are fantastic for simple work but high payout. I'll have to grab a few of my favorites and share them :)

Reaction score
JessiFox, it's getting to be my busy time as I am in retail clothing and accessories but I welcome them whenever you get the chance. I suspect I won't be able to do much right now but I can save them for later when my schedule changes. SIMPLE is my catch word. :)

Ask a Question