What is your favorite thing to do with peaches?

Discussion in 'Desserts' started by ReadmeByAmy, Jul 26, 2016.

1. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Well-Known Member

Peaches is now in season and today I had the idea to cook the peaches in sweet syrup that was left when we bought it the other day. This is one of my favorite thing to do with peaches. This is a very delicious dessert and I sometimes eat this with milk and crushed ice.

How about you? What is your favorite thing to do with peaches?

20160725_135847.jpg 20160725_155233.jpg [/ATTACH] 20160725_182347.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    ReadmeByAmy, Jul 26, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. ReadmeByAmy

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

cupcakechef, Jul 26, 2016
    ReadmeByAmy likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. ReadmeByAmy

A peach cobbler is something I want to try but I am just always searching recipes and does not know which one I will follow. I think I wanna try this recipe. We still have fresh peaches and the peaches that I cooked yesterday. Can I use the peaches in sweet syrup that I already cooked for making the cobbler and disregard the sugar because it is sweet already?

ReadmeByAmy, Jul 27, 2016
  4. ReadmeByAmy

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Last month when we were in Hongkong, the hotel buffet had sliced peaches, the canned version. It was so delicious that I had to come back for a second helping. Every morning, peaches was my main fare.

Last Sunday, we were in a big supermarket when my husband noticed peaches and nectarine in one rack (they are mixed). It's actually the nectarine that we wanted but they were not fresh anymore so my husband settled for 3 pieces of peaches. After the attendant had weighed the peaches, my husband was aghast with the price of 303 pesos - like one peach costs 100 pesos, that's more than $2. We returned the peaches.

Corzhens, Jul 27, 2016
    ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  5. ReadmeByAmy

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

I've used canned peaches in syrup before (just drained the syrup out) but in cobbler you'll still need to use the sugar the recipe calls for - otherwise the cakey part of the cobbler will end up tasting just like flour and butter!

cupcakechef, Jul 27, 2016
    ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  6. ReadmeByAmy

@cupcakechef thank you for sharing and can't wait to try making a peach cobbler :)

ReadmeByAmy, Jul 27, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question