What is your favorite type of dinner rolls?

Reaction score
I enjoy light, airy yeast rolls. I always make these for holidays and special occasions. While some breads that are more dense are also good, nothing beats these light, tasty rolls, if you ask me. Warm, fresh from the oven, with real butter of course. What could be better? Well, I probably shouldn't say that, since I do like several other types of bread and rolls as well.

What is your favorite?

Reaction score
At home if sometimes we do not want to eat rice for our dinner we usually just eat our home made pizza roll which is easy to do and no baking required and it always makes us full after eating. All you have to do is use a rolling pin to flatten a piece of white loaf bread. After that spread pizza sauce then put on top slice of ham, cheese and pineapple tidbits in can. Then roll the bread. Then dip it in beaten egg and roll it in bread crumbs. Do this with the rest of the bread and to how many you want to make for your family. Then after that fry one by one the rolled pizza bread. Put into paper towel to absorb the oil. Serve while it is still hot. Together serve it with an orange or mango juice of your choice or even a cup of coffee. That's it very easy to do and it really taste good! :)

Reaction score
I don't do rolls/bread often enough, actually. We love garlic bread here...thinking of maybe giving some pull apart recipes a shot, I've heard they're relatively simple.

Reaction score
We don't really do dinner rolls either but we've done pull apart garlic mini breads and those were so good. But I usually prefer biscuits. Just yummy fluffy hearty biscuits. LOL

Reaction score
We don't have homemade bread very often, but it's a staple for special occasions. Everyone looks forward to it.

@ReadmeByAmy that's an interesting idea. That's new to me, but I think one of my daughters would enjoy making it sometime. Thanks.

Reaction score
We are the exact opposite in this household. We love nice chewy dense bread with flavour and have some with most meals. For us, if we want a nice soft light 'roll' with a stew or casserole, we will make some light dumplings to do with it whilst cooking and they usually replace any bread that would have been served with the meal.

(8oz self raising flour, 1tsp baking powder, 2oz marg, 1/2-1tsp dried herb to suit meal, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 egg and enough milk to combine. sift dry ingredients together, add marg to make breadcrumbs, mix egg and milk together, and use enough of the mixture to form a soft dough. break off a small piece of dough and form a doughnut shape with the centre pinched but not all the way through, do all the rest of the dough and add to casserole, stew etc but add extra stock to take into account the dumplings - should take 10-15 mins to cook when covered and makes a light roll type dumpling for the stew/casserole)

Reaction score
I don't think there's a particular "brand" of dinner rolls that I like, but my favorite kind are the ones that are still kinda doughy in the middle. I don't particularly like the flaky or drier ones like some may enjoy, but I do like how some of them are still soft and doughy :) Those are definitely my favorite, and often times because it's doughy I don't find the need to put butter on it.

Reaction score
We are the exact opposite in this household. We love nice chewy dense bread with flavour and have some with most meals. For us, if we want a nice soft light 'roll' with a stew or casserole, we will make some light dumplings to do with it whilst cooking and they usually replace any bread that would have been served with the meal.

(8oz self raising flour, 1tsp baking powder, 2oz marg, 1/2-1tsp dried herb to suit meal, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 egg and enough milk to combine. sift dry ingredients together, add marg to make breadcrumbs, mix egg and milk together, and use enough of the mixture to form a soft dough. break off a small piece of dough and form a doughnut shape with the centre pinched but not all the way through, do all the rest of the dough and add to casserole, stew etc but add extra stock to take into account the dumplings - should take 10-15 mins to cook when covered and makes a light roll type dumpling for the stew/casserole)

Yum. Dumplings are great comfort food. I don't eat them often, but I really like them. They are fun to make too. My husband would eat them all the time, if I made them that often.

Reaction score
@Zyni you should really try this Pizza Roll and I am sure your daughters will enjoy doing this because it is just easy to do and very delicious too! :)

Ask a Question