What is your favourite type of topping or decoration?

Reaction score
Now what I mean is do you like only using icing with sprinkles? Do you only like using marzipan?
I like using icing with different kinds of sprinkles or different kinds of essences in my icing to give it a different spin on things.
Go for it! It's just the icing on top:)

Reaction score
I love using colorful sprinkles! They have such a wide variety of colors and textures these days! Around the holidays you can find some really unique holiday-themed sprinkles! I recently picked up some pink and red heart shaped sprinkles for Valentine's day. They were very unique and added a little something special to the treats I made.
I also like to use candies to help decorate cookies, cupcakes, and cakes. Whether it's chocolate chips, M&Ms, skittles, it is fun to play around with candies to created designs on your cakes.

Reaction score
I like candies and sprinkles too!! I'm a sugarholic so cakes and cupcakes don't last long around my house. Decorations are good to look at but I normally don't have time to look at anything sweet before it's devoured!!

Reaction score
I love using sprinkles especially hundreds and thousands, chocolate vermasile, those shiny hard balls, choc chip, flakes, oh I could go on and on. Although I don't really like marzipan, not my favourite, but bring on the icing! :)

Reaction score
I like sprinkles! I really like them! Though most of the time, when it's my turn to decorate the cake, a lot of people become angry because I eventually start to cover the entire thing with more icing than the sprinkles.

Reaction score
Sprinkles can make a cake look beautiful, but I have experimented with ground up candies lately as well. I try to steer clear of the piping gel as I do not like the flavor of it. If I want to ice some designs on my cake, I make special batches of buttercream in different colors.

Reaction score
My favorite icing is mocha buttercream, but when I'm in a hurry, lightly sweetened whipped cream does just as well. Sugar glazes are great as well; they give you the glossy smooth look of marzipan with only half the effort, plus you can make them any color under the sun.

For more exciting toppings, I would have to go with candied fruit, crushed nuts or chocolate-covered strawberries. They're easy to make and healthier than just sprinkles.

Reaction score
I love sprinkles, and icing too! I don't really like the taste of marzipan, but it sure looks pretty!

Reaction score
I like to use sprinkles and candies mostly, also sugar glazes work good for me and I always get really satisfied with the results when i use them.

Reaction score
I love using candies and fruits. If both are not available, colorful sprinkles are last on my list. Nuts are another favorite of mine.

Reaction score
I like using chocolate to decorate. I enjoy melting and pipeing with chocolate. It is also fun to use molded peices on cakes. You can also stencil with chocolate to make some intersting effects.

Reaction score
I am not a fan of sprinkles at all. I am an icing only type of girl lol, unless it's strawberries! Sprinkles are pretty but I do not like the way they taste.

Reaction score
I love buttercream frosting on warm cake, melts a little into the cake, makes it so yummy.

Reaction score
It's always fun to play around with different ideas for the icing, but the sprinkles and little candies like that are my favorite...such a variety in terms of colours and flavors and looks to go for =).

Reaction score
I only like sprinkles on muffins if ever, for me icing and whipped cream will do, I still need to get more cake decoration tools... I have never uses sprinkles on a cake. But once I saw a chocolate cake with big font sprinkles... it tasted and looked very nice :)

Reaction score
I am not a fan of sprinkles at all. I am an icing only type of girl lol, unless it's strawberries! Sprinkles are pretty but I do not like the way they taste.

Same here, if I ever use them it's on muffins, but again if I ever make muffins it's a carrot ones... all I use for decoration is plenty of cream cheese icing, and maybe draw a little carrot on top.. sprinkle a few chopped pecans and that's it ;)

Reaction score
I love icing (buttercream, please!), and I love sprinkles, and I like marzipan when it's anybody but me taking care of it... I would like to know how to make a fondant.

That said, I like most of all combining these things on a cupcake. First the icing, then the sprinkles, then whatever can be shaped into a centerpiece -- candy, fruit, shaped marzipan and, lately, a nice square of dark chocolate. It just so happened, even though I like my cupcakes colorful and funky, to have just the frosting and a square of dark chocolate make them look very grown-up. It's like they would be wearing a suit and tie! :)

Reaction score
I can't do sprinkles it's a bit much for me. I love marzipan that's all it takes.... I like the look of sprinkles though I just can't eat them. My son is the same way. I used to kill it though when I was a kid...

Ask a Question