What is your ideal loaf?

Reaction score
Are you a crusty crust lover? Chewy? Melt in your mouth? Sweet? Sour? Herbs? Flavours?

What's your ideal loaf.. have you found it yet?

Reaction score
Oh. What a great subject. There is a bread that I can get is called "Pan Sobao" it is from Puerto Rico. It is the softest bread, has a hint of sweetness and makes the greatest companion to a Cuban Sandwich.

It is a loaf.

Additionally, I love French loaf bread, and Sourdough.

Reaction score
There aren't too many kinds of bread that I don't like. I like a crusty exterior, but not so chewy that you break your teeth trying to rip off a piece to chew. I like a nice potato bread and some of the softer white breads for sandwiches. I like onion rolls for burgers and Italian bread for accompanying meals. I love rye bread and also the dark pumpernickels.

This was actually a hard question. It might be easier to tell you which kinds of bread I don't like. I don't enjoy whole grain wheat bread. It is okay by itself, but the taste distracts me if I try to use it as a sandwich bread.

Reaction score
Hard and crusty on the outside, and chewy and airy on the inside. I don't like dense, heavy soft breads or spongy breads like Wonder Bread.

When Topp's Grocery Stores were still open, I used to go there all the time to get their "Portuguese Bread" loafs, which were exactly as I described above, and would hold up really well to all kinds of treatments from toast to sandwiches.

Reaction score
Are you a crusty crust lover? Chewy? Melt in your mouth? Sweet? Sour? Herbs? Flavours?

What's your ideal loaf.. have you found it yet?

I would love a bread that has a firm buttery crust with a soft, sweet melt-in-your-mouth inside possibly flavored like a light all natural pineapple cake. It would need to be sweet but not so sweet as to be inappropriate with dinner. I've never found it but now that I've laid it our I may be able to make it myself!

Reaction score
I like my loaf to be a combination of everything. I like my loaf to be firm but also chewy to some degree. I hate sour loaf and love for them to be sweet or tart.

Reaction score
I like a crusty crust and the melt in your mouth combo... like a French bread loaf, with just butta!
For a sweet loaf, I enjoy a good banana bread or chocolate bread loaf

Ask a Question