What should I bake with Quaker Oatmel?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
What should I bake with Quaker Oatmeal? I have a box of their Oatmeal and want to bake something nutritious with it. I thought of cookies, but those recipes tend to have high fat and sugar. Do you have any cookie ideas that are nutritious for Oatmeal? Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Thanks so much Becky for the posted recipe. I took a look at it and like the banana and low sugar ingredients. I will try this recipe soon and let you know how it turns out. Thanks again for your helpful post.

Reaction score
I know it's not 'cookie', but what about making refrigerator oatmeal?! There are some absolutely delicious recipes for that! Or, my favorite, apple crisp :)

Reaction score
I make apple crisp with Quaker Oatmeal. I use green apples, unsalted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. This is a delicious dessert to make at home. I make oatmeal cookies with Quaker Oatmeal. I use olive oil instead of butter in my recipes.

Reaction score
With oatmeal cookies, you can substitute the sugar for agave syrup or grade B maple syrup which is more nutritious and you can trade butter for olive oil. Alot of cookies have alot of high fat/sugar content, and I've always wanted to do substitutions as well for all of that.

Reaction score
I'd make flapjacks,lol,but have sugar and golden syrup in!! I usually add fruit as well so nice and chewy.

Reaction score
I think you should make like a fruit and nut cookie. Add some fruit like blueberries or strawberries or a fruit that your family loves. After that add some like some sunflower seeds or some cashews. Then use the oatmeal with some agave nectar or honey to sorta hold it all together. I think that would be really good and healthier than most cookies. Of course you may have to add something else to bind it together a little bit better but its an idea to start somewhere.

Reaction score
I know it's not 'cookie', but what about making refrigerator oatmeal?! There are some absolutely delicious recipes for that! Or, my favorite, apple crisp :)
I agree! My family loves refrigerated oatmeal! It is fantastic and fairly easy to make. Here's a step by step guide for refrigerator oatmeal:
http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
I also like to make warm apple crisp. It is a great dessert and perfect in the fall or winter to warm you up. :)

Reaction score
I like to make slowcooked oatmeal , kind of an apple crisp. You chop up the apples, add oatmeal, a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon, and some water or milk, and then let it slowly cook until the apples are all soft and mixed in.
This is almost like an apple crisp or a pudding, when it is done, and can either be a breakfast meal, or a dessert.

Reaction score
While I was growing up anytime that someone in our community died my mom always made her famous oatmeal chocolate chip bunt cake that we all affectionately named the "funeral cake. We would always ask who died when we saw her making it but she always made two so we could have one for us as well. That is my favorite thing to make with rolled oats. I know it sounds a little morbid, but it was a delicious cake...

Reaction score
I would suggest that you make some Revel Bars with Quaker oatmeal. Revel bars are delicious. I like describing revel bars as a cookie and a brownie mixed together. It tastes real good with oatmeal because it gives its tasters a slightly chunky feel, and it tastes great baked.

Reaction score
I run oatmeal through the blender until it resembles flour and then use it to replace some of the flour in a lot of recipes I use. I normally do not substitute more than 1/3 of the flour with the oat flour. I also add the whole oats to pancakes, quick breads, ect. I would recommend that you not use quick cooking oats to substitute part of the flour. I do not know why, but I have not had a lot of success with the quick cooking variety. I have also used up packets of flavored oatmeal as a topping for fruit crisps.

Reaction score
I think cookies are a good idea. There are some recipes for oatmeal cookies that do not require a lot of sugar.

Reaction score
My mother makes oatmeal breakfast bars for my dad to take to work each day. They are low in calories and gives him lots of energy. I will see if I can get the recipe from her. You can add berries or nuts to make them even better for you.

Ask a Question