What Size Pan to Use for Vanilla Swiss Roll?

Reaction score
found a recipe I'd like to make eventually for a vanilla Swiss roll. Unfortunately the recipe doesn't specify what size jelly roll pan to use; all it says is to use a cookie sheet. This tells me absolutely nothing, as cookie sheets come in various sizes with the the length and width of them.

Below is a link to the recipe for reference:

https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/168224-airy-fluffy-rich-chiffon-roll-cake?ref=search

I realize to determine what size jelly roll pan to use will depend on the measurements of the ingredients in the recipe. I have listed the ingredients below; originally they are in metric. I have converted them to customary, and the customary measurements are in parentheses next to the original metric measurements.

5 egg yolks

5 egg whites

100 grams cake flour (1 cup)

100 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup [8 tablespoons])

60 grams vegetable oil (1/4 cup, [4 tablespoons])

75 grams milk (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon [5 tablespoons])

As I said I have no idea what size jellyroll pan to use, as the original recipe doesn't specify. The standard size for a jellyroll pan seems to be 10" x 15" x 1" (a 1" depth).

Based on the measurements for the recipe above, would a 10" x 15" x 1" jellyroll pan suffice, or should I use a different size jellyroll pan? If so, what size should I use? (please specify this with length and width).

Thank you.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! The recipe says it's for a 30cm x 40cm tin - you have to click on 'more' to read the full text, as it was hidden. Here's the full description:

I was unable to forget the "fluffy and soft" texture the first time I ate a chiffon rolls, and I wanted to make it myself... I used the recipes of various people as reference, making it several times while among small adjustments here and there, and settled with this recipe!

Please adjust the amount to the size of the oven (cooking sheet) and baking time according to your oven. The amounts listed in parentheses are when using 3 eggs.
Even if the cake layer cracks when rolling, it will blend in as time passes and will not stand out so it's ok. After chilling in the fridge for 2~3 hours, you can cut it cleanly if you cut it using a warm knife! For 30x40 sheet. Recipe by satomako

I would have thought the 10" x 15" tin would be fine though :)

Ask a Question