What the strangest cookie you ever made and had?

Reaction score
What the strangest cookie you ever had? Something that looked weird, but in the end it came out perfect taste wise?

Reaction score
When my grown children were in school, I used to make them a cookie called a Breakfast Cookie. It had the usual flour, sugar, eggs, ect but also had chopped, crispy bacon in it. Some mornings when we were running behind they would grab a couple of those cookies from the freezer, a glass of milk or juice and hop into the car so I could get them to school. Those cookies were a life saver,, oh,, I think they had orange juice in them too. They were good.

Reaction score
The weirdest cookie I've had was just a pumpkin cake mix cookie. I had a bunch of pumpkin spice cake mixes that I bought on clearance, so I just followed the recipe for cake mix cookies. They were good, but it's just weird to eat pumpkin spice cookies in the middle of April.

Reaction score
I once had a cookie made from potatoes. It had a flavor I can not explain. I am not sure if I would say I like it or not. It was just different and something I would not reach for again.

Reaction score
At my son's request, I tried a 'potato chip cookie' during a cookie exchange...it was very hard to describe. I'm a fan of salty and sweet sometimes but unsurprisingly this one just didn't blend together so well. My son liked it though, but he was in an eat-anything-in-sight stage.

Reaction score
I haven't made anything very strange but I once had a chocolate chip cookie with pretzel pieces and potato chips. It was actually really good! Crunchy but soft, sweet but salty.

Reaction score
I made meringue cookies one time, after realizing my lemon meringue pies had enough meringue but I couldn't bear to waste the extra, especially after all the hard work to make it. The cookies turned out to have a very light, airy texture and a subtle flavor, so not too bad. I think I overcooked them, but my son really liked them. I would definitely try them again, but maybe with a variation like adding nuts or chocolate. There are quite a few recipes out there for meringue cookies that sound delicious.

Reaction score
I've made bacon, maple syrup, chocolate cookies before. I definitely got a lot of mixed reviews. It's an odd combination of sweet and salty sort of like salted caramel. I think the sound of having bacon in sweets was just off putting for the people that tried it.

Ask a Question