What toppings do you use for homemade pizza?

Discussion in 'Savory' started by ashley0323, Sep 2, 2016.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323 Well-Known Member

We are fairly new to making our own pizza. For now, we use store bought dough, light amount of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperonis, and sometimes olives. We are fairly basic when it comes to pizza, and I am curious to see what everyone else uses on theirs!

ashley0323, Sep 2, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. ashley0323

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Our homemade pizza is our original invention. We use leftover bread for the crust. It is good if you have tomato paste for it gives a semblance of the pizza taste. For the toppings, there should be meat and bell pepper aside from the cheese. If there is no mozarella, the cheddar cheese is all right but it should be in small bits so it can be spread out. And the meat can be ham or spam. The green bell pepper is good when cut in stripes. You can also add white onion if you want.

Corzhens, Sep 3, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. ashley0323

gracer Well-Known Member

We also use pizza sauce for our home-made pizza. We put thinly sliced hotdogs, some ham cut into small squares, and bell pepper. We usually buy ready-made pizza dough in the nearest grocery store but sometimes we also use regular loaf breads just like what @Corzhens does. :)

gracer, Sep 3, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
  4. ashley0323

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

I love spice when it comes to pizza...hot salami or pepperoni, jalapenos...and other than that I love olives, Italian sausage, green or red peppers, pineapple - yum!

I know a lot of people are on the fence about pineapple on pizzas but I adore it!!

Oh, and cheese, of course! Can't forget that for a good pizza!

cupcakechef, Sep 6, 2016
  5. ashley0323

rz3300 Well-Known Member

Well I would like to say that I go healthy with it, and I really do try, but sometimes I will resort to my old ways and just stick with some sausage. That is it, though, for unhealthy meat and I really avoid pepperoni or salami or anything like that, but I will use chicken. For veggies, I have to have black olives and green peppers, and maybe some mushrooms. Pretty simple, but good. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Sep 6, 2016
  6. ashley0323

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I have not made my own in a very long time but I usually like lots of cheese, pepperoni, ham, onions, sweet peppers and pineapple if I have any.

Winterybella, Sep 6, 2016
  7. ashley0323

ashley0323 Well-Known Member

These sound great! Not sure why, but ham never even crossed my mind. Tonight, we made pepperoni and olive pizza. The kids want it again soon, it was a big hit! I think next time it will be ham and pepperoni. Sounds yummy!

ashley0323, Sep 7, 2016
  8. ashley0323

Mara Well-Known Member

I always saute my vegetables first, but I like mushrooms, corn and some peppers as they are easy to add and and to eat. Spinach is an easy one too as it melts into the pizza, and caramelized onions are delicious too.

Mara, Sep 12, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question