What toppings do you use for homemade pizza?

Reaction score
We are fairly new to making our own pizza. For now, we use store bought dough, light amount of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperonis, and sometimes olives. We are fairly basic when it comes to pizza, and I am curious to see what everyone else uses on theirs!

Reaction score
Our homemade pizza is our original invention. We use leftover bread for the crust. It is good if you have tomato paste for it gives a semblance of the pizza taste. For the toppings, there should be meat and bell pepper aside from the cheese. If there is no mozarella, the cheddar cheese is all right but it should be in small bits so it can be spread out. And the meat can be ham or spam. The green bell pepper is good when cut in stripes. You can also add white onion if you want.

Reaction score
We also use pizza sauce for our home-made pizza. We put thinly sliced hotdogs, some ham cut into small squares, and bell pepper. We usually buy ready-made pizza dough in the nearest grocery store but sometimes we also use regular loaf breads just like what @Corzhens does. :)

Reaction score
I love spice when it comes to pizza...hot salami or pepperoni, jalapenos...and other than that I love olives, Italian sausage, green or red peppers, pineapple - yum!

I know a lot of people are on the fence about pineapple on pizzas but I adore it!!

Oh, and cheese, of course! Can't forget that for a good pizza!

Reaction score
Well I would like to say that I go healthy with it, and I really do try, but sometimes I will resort to my old ways and just stick with some sausage. That is it, though, for unhealthy meat and I really avoid pepperoni or salami or anything like that, but I will use chicken. For veggies, I have to have black olives and green peppers, and maybe some mushrooms. Pretty simple, but good. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I have not made my own in a very long time but I usually like lots of cheese, pepperoni, ham, onions, sweet peppers and pineapple if I have any.

Reaction score
These sound great! Not sure why, but ham never even crossed my mind. Tonight, we made pepperoni and olive pizza. The kids want it again soon, it was a big hit! I think next time it will be ham and pepperoni. Sounds yummy!

Reaction score
I always saute my vegetables first, but I like mushrooms, corn and some peppers as they are easy to add and and to eat. Spinach is an easy one too as it melts into the pizza, and caramelized onions are delicious too.

Reaction score

We make a thin crust, use this easy and yummy sauce recipe, shredded mozz and usually mushrooms and olives. Red pepper flakes and parmesan once it's out of the oven. Leftover bell or sweet peppers, garlic, glazed onions, maybe even pineapple. If you like pepperoni or other meat toppings, they work great on here. We make home made pizza (crust and toppings) every Friday night.... cast iron skillet preheated in the oven... its become a tradition. By the way, the crust is very simple, and I make it while the oven is preheating... I make the full crust recipe and freeze one (prepared) for the following week to reheat in the oven. I double the sauce recipe, then freeze in large muffin tins, remove when frozen and put in a zip loc back in the freezer. One large muffin sized sauce can usually cover two of the pizzas! Don't need much prep on a weekly basis. Buon appetito!

Reaction score
I always add garlic, pepperdew and more than 1 cheese. Depending on the pizza I also add peppers, spinach, blue cheese or cream cheese. Oh and dont forget the caramelized onion but you can get really creative with pizza from normal bbq chicken to full veggie. Have fun

Reaction score
The herbs below are always on my pizza, as is the fresh mozz.

Sauce is on most of my pizzas, not all of them.

The other toppings come and go. I am usually a 2-topping max pizza maker.

thyme
oregano
basil
rosemary
salt
pepper
fresh mozzarella
broccoli
Brussel sprouts
artichoke hearts
pizza sauce
pepperoni