What type of cake are planning to bake on Father's Day?

Reaction score
I'm planning on surprising my dad with a Southern Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting inside. I am going to use Bailey's Buttercream frosting, and sprinkle the cake with coconut flakes. This is my dad's favorite, and it's one of my boyfriends favorites too. So, I will be making two Southern Velvet Cakes on Father's Day! No, wonder they both get along so well because they both have something in common! ;)

Reaction score
I actually have tears in my eyes right now! My dad passed away 30 years ago, so no special cake for him. His favorite was pineapple upside down cake, which my Mom always made for his birthday. We still make one at that time of year. Yum!

Since I'm divorced from my kids' dad I don't do anything for him for Father's Day anymore, either. But you know what? I remarried last year and my kids and my new hubby are getting along so well (that wasn't the case at first, my kids resented him.) And even though my kids are all grown and moved out of the house my hubby still helps me through any issues that might arise. I think I should make this special guy a Father's Day treat!! It would DEFINITELY bring a tear to HIS eye as well!!!

Reaction score
I wish I could bake a cake for my father too but unfortunately we are on two different continents! All I can do is ship him a gift and a card and call him.
I hope you and father have a great Father's Day and the cake does sound really yummy too! Have fun baking!

Reaction score
I'm a father but I'm going to bake... my wife's favorite cake! It's a peach upside-down cake and she just loves the corners when they really caramelize. My youngest ones love that too, so all in all, I hope to please everybody.

Reaction score
I'm going to be baking with my mam a cheesecake. My dad loves cheesecake, he doesn't eat cake often but we know that this is definitely his favourite.

Reaction score
I wish I could bake a cake for my father too but unfortunately we are on two different continents! All I can do is ship him a gift and a card and call him.
I hope you and father have a great Father's Day and the cake does sound really yummy too! Have fun baking!
Yes, I will definitely enjoy Father's Day with my dad. I've already bought him a gift, and I can't wait to see his face. I'm sorry that your father is so, far away in a different continent. I know how you feel! :)

Reaction score
I actually have tears in my eyes right now! My dad passed away 30 years ago, so no special cake for him. His favorite was pineapple upside down cake, which my Mom always made for his birthday. We still make one at that time of year. Yum!

Since I'm divorced from my kids' dad I don't do anything for him for Father's Day anymore, either. But you know what? I remarried last year and my kids and my new hubby are getting along so well (that wasn't the case at first, my kids resented him.) And even though my kids are all grown and moved out of the house my hubby still helps me through any issues that might arise. I think I should make this special guy a Father's Day treat!! It would DEFINITELY bring a tear to HIS eye as well!!!
I'm so sorry to hear your dad has passed away. I hope your hubby have a wonderful Father's Day! I hope he enjoys his special treat! I think he do deserve that special treat!!! :)

Reaction score
I have a recipe for this frozen malt ball ice cream thing I want to make for my dad since he loves Whoppers so much! Maybe this is the year! For my husband ... maybe something light like a white cake with strawberries on top.

Reaction score
TwinkleBell, you are right. This wonderful man put up with some serious attitude from my then-teenaged boys when we first started dating. They just didn't like the idea of someone new in my life. And he was so gracious to them ALL the time. I'm so thankful that the last few years have helped my boys understand what a good guy he is. Yup, I think he gets a Father's Day treat this year!!!

Reaction score
I always make a cheesecake from scratch with a graham cracker crust and fresh fruit on it. My husband isn't a huge cake fan but he loves cheesecake, so that is what he gets. I always change it up a little and will make a white chocolate or a new flavor just to keep it interesting though. I will admit that my white chocolate raspberry is still getting rave reviews. I hope I can top it next year.

Reaction score
I make homemade banana pudding for my dad for father's day. It's his favorite, and he likes it way more than cake. Plus, it's easy for me, so it's a win-win.

Reaction score
Father's day is long gone over here, but my dad's birthday will be soon, next month to be more exact :) I'll bake him a carrot cake, because that kind of cake is my absolute specialty. I'll use a cream cheese icing on it, some chopped pecans and decorate the top using some icing and green and orange colorant to create ''carrots'' on top of it.

Reaction score
Not quite close to Father's day but who says there's just one day a year to honor the special men in our lives? My husband has a few favorites but I'm always on the hunt for new ones that might be worth adding to that list (and Pinterest is still fantastic for that ;). I've found a wonderful sounding chocolate and salted caramel cake with just a touch of Irish whisky frosting to balance it out. I think he'll really enjoy it and he's a great husband and father 365 days a year, so I try to do special little things for him regularly :).

Ask a Question