What're you baking today? :D

Reaction score
Well, my mother has a market on tomorrow at an agricultural show, (she has a small cake business), and as she's out today, I'm here baking like crazzyy!
On my to do list, I have 200 cupcakes baked that need decorating, 2 chocolate cakes, 2 coffee & walnut cakes, 2 carrot cakes, 2 Victoria sponges, lemon drizzles, orange drizzles.. 2 different batches of cookies, 8 varieties of flapjacks, scones and welsh-cakes. I just hope I have enough hours in the day! I'm sure I've forgotten something, too.. :eek:

Wish me luck, guys.

Are you baking today? What's everybody got planned?

Reaction score
Well, my mother has a market on tomorrow at an agricultural show, (she has a small cake business), and as she's out today, I'm here baking like crazzyy!
On my to do list, I have 200 cupcakes baked that need decorating, 2 chocolate cakes, 2 coffee & walnut cakes, 2 carrot cakes, 2 Victoria sponges, lemon drizzles, orange drizzles.. 2 different batches of cookies, 8 varieties of flapjacks, scones and welsh-cakes. I just hope I have enough hours in the day! I'm sure I've forgotten something, too.. :eek:

Wish me luck, guys.

Whew! That's a lot to accomplish in one day! Do you have help? (I hope!!)

Makes my list seem oh-so-simple? I'm making a double batch of pepperoni bread to take to a church gathering this evening. LOL 'T'ain't nothin' compared to your list! :)

Reaction score

Wish me luck, guys.

Wow, sounds impressive! Your mom is lucky she has you to help her out. Yesterday I made some cornbread that actually came out pretty decent. No where near the amount of baking you have going on there. :)

Reaction score
I usually have help: the two of us will bake for a market together, but she was already out on a different market stall selling yesterday, so I was all alone until about half 5pm.

It's hectic; we have quite a large kitchen, but some days it still doesn't seem big enough, especially when I start running out of work surfaces to put things on and have to leak cookies onto the dining table.. :p

I have to say, pepperoni bread and cornbread sound delicious; I've never had much luck baking bread so all mine comes from a supermarket or bakers in town. I think our house is too cold for it to prove properly or something. :S
Id love to be able to bake my own though, like you guys. :)

Reaction score
Wow, you have tons to do. It's great of you to help your mom. I'm not really baking anything today. It's brutally hot so instead of heating up the oven, I just bought some muffins at a bakery. Good luck with your mom's market.

Reaction score
Thanks, ACSAPA, it's not too bad. I love all sorts of baking so I really don't mind hwlping out. If I didn't and I could only create things that eat.. I'd either get bored really quickly, or make so much we couldn't eat it all in time; I'd end up throwing most of it to the birds in the garden.

And whilst there's a list each time of things she'd like to take with her to market, I'm not confined to it . If lI want to experiment and it works out well, she'll take that batch too and try to sell it.

It's always nice to receive feedback, especially on recipes you've made up / modified yourself :D I once was told that a certain traybake I had made was the "best thing you could ever do to Weetabix', which was followed by the guy taking the whole trays worth for his breakfasts each morning, after trying one.. :p

We're having some real nice weather too :D , makes a change from the usual rain and fog :p I was really not expecting this (heatwave where we are!) that my arms and the back of my neck are red-raw with sunburn.. :( Ouchiee!!

Reaction score
I would like to make a really nice tart for today because I have a really big craving for one so I'm going to the store in a few minutes so that I can get all the ingredients. The only problem is that I am making it for a lot of people so I need to make enough but wish me luck guys!

Reaction score
I would like to make a really nice tart for today because I have a really big craving for one so I'm going to the store in a few minutes so that I can get all the ingredients. The only problem is that I am making it for a lot of people so I need to make enough but wish me luck guys!

Ooh, what sort of tart? I LOVE Lemon Meringue Pie (more like a tart than a pie, in my opinion). How many are you baking for? I like to make little individual tarts, because people feel less guilty taking a second mini one than a second slice!

Today, I'm baking Achocolypse cookies because some friends are coming over. I named them myself (though I'm sure someone else probably came up with it too). They're simply a rich chocolate cookie dough with white, milk AND dark chocolate chips in. :)

Good luck with the tart, I'm sure it'll be delicious.. Save me a slice? ;)

Reaction score
I made some gingersnaps yesterday. :] They turned out amazingly! I used the recipe from the How to Cook Everything App. Which is amazing by the way! I can't believe it's free. Everyone should download it. haha

Reaction score
Today is one of those rare July days that are actually good for baking; the temperature outside is only 77 degrees and the humidity is low, so we're taking the opportunity to make the coconut lime macaroons I've shared here before, some blackberry cheesecake, and a blueberry pie.

Jesslane94, I'm curious about the app you mentioned. Could you tell us what it does?

Reaction score
It has a very large database of recipes in an easy to use format! It has tabs for variations for each recipe, and the ingredients. It even has a section for baking/cooking tips, such as how to chop things and crushing garlic. Just a go to app for all your baking/cooking needs! It even indicates if recipes are fast, make ahead, easy, etc. Very resourceful app. I personally enjoy it! :]

Reaction score
I'm not baking desserts today, but I'm making baked potatoes. Sometimes my daughter and I just load up baked potatoes with chicken, broccoli and cheese and eat the potatoes like a meal.

Reaction score
I'm not baking desserts today, but I'm making baked potatoes. Sometimes my daughter and I just load up baked potatoes with chicken, broccoli and cheese and eat the potatoes like a meal.

That actually sounds really good ACSAPA =)

Today I don't know if I'm really going to bake, just because I don't really have the money to go out and get some stuff so I can bake. However I do think I'm going to make homemade Wontons for my boyfriend and his family =)

Reaction score
I've only ever tried gingersnaps once, and I have to admit, it didn't go well.. They just didn't go crispy.. I don't know what I did wrong. :S

The app sounds really interesting, is it available on Android too, or just iPhone?

Coconut Lime Macaroons sound delicious.. and I've literally just used up the last of last year's blackberries that I had frozen.. ( I love going out blackberry picking, I can fill half a full-size freezer, and they'll last me the year, until I go out again!) in a batch of flapjacks.

With baked potatoes, I tend to part-bake them, then scrape out the potato and mash it with cheese and various other ingredients (Whatever I have usually.. mix in peppers, any veg, bacon / chicken if you're not veggie?), then push the mixture back into the potato skin and finish baking them. Nomnomnom! :D

Reaction score
Aww. :/ I have no idea what to say about that! I just baked them longer than I usually would. I'm sorry!
And I have no idea... I'm assuming it might just be for iPhone. :C

Reaction score
That's probably it, really.. I have quite an old oven and I often get paranoid that I'm going to burn things, :/

I had a quick look on my Play Store..Theres several cooking apps but not one with the same name. I might try a few out anyway and see how I get on; could be worth a review or two :)

Reaction score
I know those feels. I hate burnt, hard cookies. Except gingersnaps. I love a perfectly crunchy gingersnap. <3

Ahh... that's lame! But I'm sure there's got to be one interesting one there. At least one with some good advice and input!

Reaction score
Berries are in at the market here and so I'm going to make a pound cake to use as a base. I was thinking of going with a lemon pound cake but I'm afraid it'll compete with the berries so I think I'll stick with the stand-by old fashioned pound cake. If I get really energetic I may pull out the ice cream maker otherwise it will just have to be a little whipped cream for the top..... I love summer!

Reaction score
Oooh, what sorts of berries? I love summer, too, and nothing beats traditional recipes, in my opinion. :) I've just harvested lots of gooseberries from the garden today, and I'm now trying to decide between making Gooseberry jam or using them in baking. I'm thinking maybe a gooseberry crumble or cheesecake, and then use the rest to make some jam. With the weather we're getting here at the moment, I'll probably have redcurrants to use in the next couple of weeks, too. Yummyy! :p

Reaction score
I actually made a triple berry blend with raspberries, strawberries and blueberries spooned it over the old fashioned pound cake and just a small batch of the homemade vanilla ice cream (the kids are old enough to man the ice cream maker). I wish I had gone with angel food cake, it would have been lighter and I could have used the leftovers for a trifle.

Ask a Question