What's your best hands on kids recipe?

Reaction score
My kids and I love to bake. I really let me kids get in on all the "work" it takes to make that very tasty dessert they are always calling for. Brownies have been the recent favorite of ours. We whipped up several batches last week and took them to the baseball field so all the kids would have a snack in between their practices.

I actually let me kids gather the ingredients, measure the ingredients, break the eggs, stir the mixture and of course, lick the spoon after the batch is done and in the pan to cook. They really have a hands on baking time.

Reaction score
My kids really enjoy helping me bake...and being the little taste testers! If you are not in the mood to actually bake kids also enjoy to make worms in dirt, which is essentially ground up Oreos and gummy worms. We add other candies like M&Ms that we use as rocks too.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this can be counted as baking, but I would definitely say rice crispy. Or perhaps ice cream cupcake is also fun, since they have the option of decorating.

Reaction score
Chocolate and peanut butter Kellogg truffles! I thought they were the height of sophistication when I was a kid. I also remember making Christmas-themed sugar cookies with my mom; my favorite part was using the cookie cutters.

Ask a Question