What's your favorite addition to homemade brownies?

Reaction score
I enjoy making brownies that are just loaded with chocolate chocolate and more chocolate but sometimes I make brownies that crunch and have all kinds of surprise flavors. What is your favorite thing to add to brownies?
Mine might be instant coffee and hazelnuts. But I could change my mind after trying your suggestions. :)

Reaction score
I love pecans in brownies :)

Actually one of the things I've added to brownies that had the most positive feedback was Oreos! I cut them into rough quarters and stirred them into the mix. I also laid some more on the top of the batter for good measure. YUM!

Reaction score
We usually add walnuts here, that's the main one. I added marshmallows recently, because I had an almost full bag of mini marshmallows that I wanted to use up. Those were pretty good too!

Reaction score
All great ideas. Perhaps my next batch of brownies will include Oreos, pecans, walnuts, peanut butter chips, walnuts and marshmallows. One time I made a batch of brownies that my husband called "clean out the cupboard brownies" because I had added a little bit of every thing I had left to add. He wasn't fond of added flavors with his dark chocolate brownies but oh well, more for me. I like to add thin mints sometimes. You know crushed up Andes Mints? They are good in cooking or ice cream.

Reaction score
I love baking brownies especially when Christmas Day is coming. I always give this baking goodies as my gift giving for the holiday season to my family, relative and friends. I put different toppings for my brownies like cashew nuts, mini marshmallows of different colors, M&M colored chocolate candies,, candy sprinkles and then I drizzle on top on each brownies Hershey chocolate syrup to make it more delicious. Since Christmas Day is coming I had to prepare my ingredients already for my brownies and I am again already excited in doing this every holiday season.

Reaction score
I also love "Blondies", which are yellow brownies made without chocolate, but with butterscotch instead.

Ask a Question