What's your favorite sweet treat to bake?

Reaction score
I would love to hear suggestions! I find it interesting to see the different tastes in foods, and a wonderful variety to choose from.

fresa-papa-noel-santa-claus-strawberry-Favim.com-2359043.jpg

Reaction score
My sister and I always bake this kind of cookies, especially for christmas because we receive a lot of visits and all that sort of thing, therefore, we like having something to offer our visitors.

url

Reaction score
Our favorite things to bake is an apple crumb cake, or a cheesecake! Those are our favorites, though we make a ton of things. Cookies, cake, cupcakes, muffins, scones, peanut butter chocolate bars, are all good!

Reaction score
Cupcakes are my favorite - hence my username! :)

I find that they're easy to customize, fun and a crowd pleaser. Away from cupcakes though I love to eat cobblers and pies (especially now we are headed to the cooler months - they're such a comfort food for me!) so they are things I enjoy making.

Reaction score
I have some other favorites to bake but I have to admit that I am a newbie in baking so my only territory for now is pudding and similar baked items in that genre. Right now we have leftover bread so tonight I am thinking of making a pudding with fresh grapes for the toppings. The usual ingredient for pudding is raisins, right? But fresh grapes, particularly the small variety is good for pudding as it gives a sour taste that makes a good combination with the sweetness of the milk.

My favorite treat to bake for now is cassava cake but it is laborious so I cannot say it is my favorite to bake... just favorite to eat.

Reaction score
Probably the easy Rice Krispies treats that I have gotten pretty good at over the years. The real issue is whether or not I cover them in chocolate though, and I always gets mixed reviews. They are good, do not get me wrong, but sometimes I prefer it without the chocolate, and I make that the most.

Reaction score
Red velvet cupcakes are my favorites! They are my treats whenever I have visitors over and my son enjoys putting the icing and decoration on top.

Reaction score
Red velvet cupcakes are my favorites!

I think that I have only had these about once or twice in my life, but I do know that I have really good memories of it so that means that I need to keep these mind and keep my eyes out. It is one of those that seems to fly under the radar for me, but thanks for reminding me of them.

Reaction score
In the past, I've delved into all sorts of baking adventures. One of my favorites from those days was whoopie pies. I also love half and halfs, but since it's just me here now, I tend to stick to quicker and easier projects, such as cookies and brownies.

Reaction score
In the past, I've delved into all sorts of baking adventures. One of my favorites from those days was whoopie pies. I also love half and halfs, but since it's just me here now, I tend to stick to quicker and easier projects, such as cookies and brownies.

Right, cookiesare always going to be the best and fastest projects, for sure. I actually love baking cookies as well, it'sreally easy and the results are amazing.

Reaction score
Cheese and pecan pies :) Those two are my absolute favorite, I truly enjoy cheese pies most though, because the crust is really easy to make, all you need is digestive biscuits and butter. With pecan pies it goes a bit different, but is not as difficult as some might think.

Reaction score
Our favorite things to bake is an apple crumb cake, or a cheesecake! Those are our favorites, though we make a ton of things. Cookies, cake, cupcakes, muffins, scones, peanut butter chocolate bars, are all good!

I like to bake apple crumb as well, I forgot about that one! I actually love baking with fruits, sadly I never felt so much freedom to cook with whatever I wanted back home, now that I am here all is different :) I have so many choices! and I am no longer conditioned by the price of certain ingredients.

Reaction score
I tend to bake according to the season, so my favorites change from time to time. I always bake pizzelle at the holidays and I'm starting to crave those, as well as waffles. I make huge batches of waffles and freeze them, then take them out one or two at a time as needed. Since I store the pizzelle maker and waffle maker in the same place, I will often pull them out together and use them around the same time, then re-store them again. Now that the temperatures are (somewhat) starting to cool off, I'm considering making some quick breads, and I'm also starting to crave cake, because there are several birthdays coming up in a row.

Reaction score
I crave so many baked goods, but my favorite isn't even baked...the no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. I don't make them often because I have no self control with that batter. They're nostalgic and chocolatey, two of my favorite things.

Ask a Question