Whats your favorite?.....

Reaction score
My favorite baked food to make these days is muffins, because you can make them as a dessert, or as a healthy breakfast food if you make the bran kind.
They're really versatile and you can throw in whatever fruit or nuts or odds and ends you have lying around.

Reaction score
My very favorite baked good to make is banana bread. Like the muffins that ACSAPA suggested, banana bread can be made to eat as a dessert or a breakfast food. You can put melted butter on the bread to eat it in the morning, or you can frost the bread and eat it like a cake during any part of the day. Banana bread is also a good way to get rid of the extra bananas in your house that have become too ripe.

Reaction score
I recently learned how to bake meringue. so that's become my favorite. Even though I probably shouldn't, I can eat a dozen in a sitting. I'd better get online and find out just what the calorie count is......

Reaction score
Sounds great! Thanks you for all of your replies I really appreciate it all of them sound good.

Reaction score
I think my favorite think to back would be brownies, and cookies. I would love to improve but I don't have as much time for it anymore.

Reaction score
I got it bad for brownies. I like to mix up different recipes to see what new types of brownies I can come up with. I have to share them because they are my weekness and I could easily eat way to many.

Reaction score
I love brownies much more than cake as they are so dense and satisfying. I love iced brownies the most. They are perfect finger foods for home and entertaining.

Reaction score
To make is probably...I think I like making cookies, especially the ones you cut into shape. They can be a bit tedious but it's always awesome when it turns out well.

My favorite dessert to eat though...oh boy. Probably a molten lava cake! with ice cream!

Reaction score
Pies, i'd say empanadas, but empanadas never been the easiest thing for me. The sweet ones turn out well most of the time, but the salty ones not so much... I have tried several kinds of doughs, but none has a good texture.

Reaction score
Pumpkin chocolate chip bread is my favorite baked thing these days. I'm a year round pumpkin lover, not just in fall!

Reaction score
I have become a year long pumpkin fan too now that I have discovered the combination of pumpkin and chocolate. I made little cake cookies the other night and my family has just about gobbled them all up. The great thing is that they are soft and satisfying so you can eat one small cookie and be good to go.

Reaction score
I love muffins, both sweet and savory. Lately I have been making a "Donut Puff" muffin. It is just so good with a cup of coffee in the morning. Here is the recipe:

Donut Puffs

1/2 cup milk
!/3 cup melted butter
1 beaten egg
1 2/3 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1.2 tsp baking powder
1/ tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmet (I like more nutmeg)

Topping
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat the oven to 350. Grease 12 cup muffin tin. Combine milk,, 1/3 cup melted butter and egg in a bowl Set aside Comine flour, 3.4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a bow, add egg mixture and combine until just mixed.
Spoon into muffin tin, bake 15-20 min or until tootehpic inserted comes out clean.
Plade remaining butter in a bowl. Combine sugar/cinnamon in another bowl. Dip tops of muffins in melted sugar, then cinnamon/sugar mixture..
Yummy!

Reaction score
Cinnamon rolls. Probably because a gluten free version does not exist to my knowledge. You wouldn't be able make a rollable dough without gluten. *sighs* only on very rare occasions will I eat one b cause I know it's not good for me, but they taste so amazing and I love when they are just a little gooey.

Reaction score
Cinnamon rolls. Probably because a gluten free version does not exist to my knowledge. You wouldn't be able make a rollable dough without gluten. *sighs* only on very rare occasions will I eat one b cause I know it's not good for me, but they taste so amazing and I love when they are just a little gooey.

These are completely yummy too, although I don't think I have ever tried the gluten free variety. Cinnamon rolls are the ultimate breakfast comfort food, especially when they are warm and oozing with cream cheese frosting.

Reaction score
It used to be Betty Crocker chocolate cake but these days it's a coconut or banana bread. I generally like bread and those in the house like it as well. I suspect as I bake more my favourite thing will continue to change.

Reaction score
Dairy free Choc chip scones.

They are so easy to make and ready in minutes. 8oz self raising flour, 2oz marg, 1tsp baking powder, whisk to a breadcrumb mixture. Add 2oz sugar, 2oz chocolate chips. In a separate bowl crack an egg and add enough almond/soya milk to make to up to 1/4pt and now whisk. Add enough of this to the dry mixture to bind it together in a soft mass.
Now turn out on to a floured surface, flatten into a rectangle that is roughly twice as wide as long and about 2cm deep. Cut into 8. Use the remaining egg mixture to cover the tops and cook in a hot over 220C until lightly brown. Taken out and try to allow them to cook before eating. Start to finish is about 30 minutes. Serve cut in half with marg.

Dairy options can be used though out if desired.

Reaction score
When I am just starting to bake brownies, cupcakes and macaroons are the first that I learned which happened to be my favorite that I am baking up to now. The more practice that I had through with these items the more better I am able to make it good.

Ask a Question