When did you first discover no-bake cookies?

Reaction score
Personally I had never heard of this concept until I joined this board and think it's incredible lol. When did all of your first find out you could make no-bake cookies?

Reaction score
I didn't know about them until I joined this forum either! I still haven't made any yet, but I think I will at some point as they seem like a really cool idea (especially since my oven is very dodgy!). :)

Reaction score
I still haven't made no bake cookies because I haven't seen any recipes that appealed to me. I think cookies that are warm from the oven are especially delicious and it seems like you miss out on that with no bake cookies.

Reaction score
I've had the recipe I posted for probably 20 years. And, although I agree with ASCAPA's love of a warm, baked cookie, I get a little happy even just thinking about those chocolate/peanut butter/oatmeal no bakes. ;)

Reaction score
When I was little my Mama would make the chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies (cow pies) and I loved them. That has been several years ago because I am 41 now.

Reaction score
I have never heard of these "no bake cookies". They sound amazing though; does anyone have any recipes?

Reaction score
I've been baking for a couple years, and I've just discovered no bake cookies last year. I haven't tried a recipe for it yet, but I have some saved on my computer to try. Has any tried the no bake oatmeal cookies? Are they good?

Reaction score
When I was little my brothers and I received some bookmarks at the library that had recipes on them and one of them was for peanut butter chocolate no bake cookies. We tried them at home after getting our parents' permission and loved them!

Reaction score
No bake cookie s are a brand new concept to me , I can't say I have heard of them before. I will have to look these up , it sounds like a fun and easy recipe to make with young children. This could be an excellent starter recipe to give little ones their first taste of baking.

Reaction score
My sister started making them about five or six years ago. They were peanut butter no-bake cookies made from peanut butter, butter/oil, sugar, and oatmeal.

Reaction score
I just discovered no bake cookies a few minutes ago on this forum!!
What is the texture of these cookies like?? Is it like eating cookie dough at all, because that's what I'm imagining at the moment! :p

Reaction score
Really! You can bake cookies with an oven. Well, This is a great news. My oven has been broke for about 5 months now and all of my pastries have come from the store. I'm glad I've heard of this. If anyone could send me some recipes for this cookie I will be very grateful. i like chocolate chip cookies, but I hate any type of nut and or peanut butter.

Reaction score
About as long as I've known about cookies lol. My grandmother knew all the tricks :)

Reaction score
No bake cookies were one of the few things my mom would "bake." She would make chocolate, butter, oats and coconut ones. It was the only time I'd eat dried coconut because I liked the taste enough that it outweighed the coconut remnants left behind. I despised that about dried coconut. I made them this Christmas and they tasted just like I remembered.

I've never had any other variation though. I'll have to take a peek at the recipes listed here.

Reaction score
They used to serve them in the cafeteria in elementary school.

I forget about them a lot, though, and I've actually never made them!!

Reaction score
When I was little my Mama would make the chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies (cow pies) and I loved them. That has been several years ago because I am 41 now.
About two years ago my Nana showed me the recipe for these cookies. I think they are really wonderful. I decided to make them for everyone at school. It was really nice to have a recipe I could make in bulk without having to cook them.

Ask a Question