When next will you be baking and what will it be?

Reaction score
I hope to bake tomorrow and it's looking like it might be a box cake AGAIN. It's busy time for me and I have to work seven days a week. I was really hoping to try something from scratch but I know I am going to be rushing. I don't want to rush any new recipes. I want to be able to report that I have perfected a recipe from scratch.

Who's with me?

Reaction score
Me too! My fiancé and I saw this candy cane cheese cake recipe that we're dying to try. We're also hoping to try it so if it turns out well we can make it as part of a Christmas gift for his sister :) I'm pretty excited about that but I've never made cheese cake before so I'm afraid it'll fail.

Reaction score
I am hoping to start baking this weekend as i should have baked my fruitcakes awhile back but couldn't find the time to do so..i've got puddings,cupcakes and cookies to bake also...this coming week i'll be on my feet a lot as my hands are full.

Reaction score
I brought the subject up and my plans failed. Now I will have to bake tomorrow. I made the announcement and then disappointed my son who loves a chocolate cake. I don't think he should be eating it as he's having some health issues but he insist it's going to put him in a better frame of mind .

That side, I promised him I would definitely bake his cake tomorrow. I saw someone talk about making a cheesecake. I want to try one soon. If I do well making one, I am going to buy myself a medal.:)

Reaction score
Not sure about next bale but this weekend just gone I baked a 3 layer vanilla sponge minion cake for my daughters 2nd birthday. It was my first ever celebration cake and I am really proud at how it turned out inside and out.

Reaction score
Well I took a break from my job and rushed home and made my chocolate cake. My son is very happy. Sadly it was not from scratch but the next one will be. I plan on trying something new this weekend.

I remember either posting about or seeing some beautiful celebrations cakes somewhere here. I am glad Redribbon had success. I am hoping to do something major like that, but I will continue to crawl before I start walking too soon and "fall":) cake and all.

Reaction score
I'll do you one better- I've been so busy even box cakes haven't happened, I just picked a few things up at a local bakery ;).

Reaction score
I'll do you one better- I've been so busy even box cakes haven't happened, I just picked a few things up at a local bakery ;).

I realized you have been missing in action. I don't want you going near the box:). You are a veteran. I am busy myself and next week I expect it's going to be even crazier, but I want to do something from scratch. I have my mind set on the pineapple upside down cake that you posted the recipe for. I think it was you.

Anyway, remain safe and come back with some yummy cakes. I expect you to pull out all the stops for the holidays.

Reaction score
I really don't know. We lost our dream apartment due to a rent increase and now we're staying with unpleasant relatives until we can find another place. I can't find some of my pans because they are in boxes, so I might have to postpone baking until I have a real kitchen again.

Reaction score
I realized you have been missing in action. I don't want you going near the box:). You are a veteran. I am busy myself and next week I expect it's going to be even crazier, but I want to do something from scratch. I have my mind set on the pineapple upside down cake that you posted the recipe for. I think it was you.

Anyway, remain safe and come back with some yummy cakes. I expect you to pull out all the stops for the holidays.

Why thank you for noticing ;). If I'm feeling too busy to do it from scratch I just stop by the bakery, I tend to skip the box most of the time. & yes, the pineapple upside down cake was me, I'm a huge fan :). I hope you have good results with it! It's not as hard as it sounds.

You stay safe as well, enjoy your holidays!

Reaction score
I really don't know. We lost our dream apartment due to a rent increase and now we're staying with unpleasant relatives until we can find another place. I can't find some of my pans because they are in boxes, so I might have to postpone baking until I have a real kitchen again.

Oh no :( I'm so sorry to hear that! How awful. I hope you can get some more comfortable arrangements soon- hopefully the start of 2015 finds things looking up for you.

Reaction score
I made sugar cookie cut outs the other day, but they are almost gone already. I will have to do some nightie baking this week as next full day off is not until Christmas Eve. I think I can manage one item a night

Reaction score

This is quite sad:(. I hope your situation changes and you can get back to the kitchen. My recollection of you is that you love your baking. I got a vanilla sheet cake recipe from you. You said it was ridiculously easy. I still have not tried it yet.

You should probably make your way down here in the Caribbean. My pans have been around for a while. I am hoping when I do get to try more recipes that I have the appropriate pans.

Again, I really hope you get the freedom to do what you do well and from what I remember baking is one of the things you do well.

Reaction score
Oh no :( I'm so sorry to hear that! How awful. I hope you can get some more comfortable arrangements soon- hopefully the start of 2015 finds things looking up for you.
A psychic randomly approached me at a bus stop and told me that the next two years of my life will be the worst ever. I'm already upset and did not need to hear that. This is why I think astrology is bunk. How can the positions of the stars decide that I'm going to have two horrible years?

Reaction score
This is quite sad:(. I hope your situation changes and you can get back to the kitchen. My recollection of you is that you love your baking. I got a vanilla sheet cake recipe from you. You said it was ridiculously easy. I still have not tried it yet.

You should probably make your way down here in the Caribbean. My pans have been around for a while. I am hoping when I do get to try more recipes that I have the appropriate pans.

Again, I really hope you get the freedom to do what you do well and from what I remember baking is one of the things you do well.
Thank you. I did enjoy baking in the big kitchen in my apartment and I miss that place already.

Reaction score
A psychic randomly approached me at a bus stop and told me that the next two years of my life will be the worst ever. I'm already upset and did not need to hear that. This is why I think astrology is bunk. How can the positions of the stars decide that I'm going to have two horrible years?

I'm sorry to hear of you situation, but you are strong and will find somewhere to live, smaller maybe, but at least you will have your own space. I know you are very sensible and that baking and cooking is what you enjoy and also saves you money. Ignore the psychic, things can change, but it's about being realistic too, I have found. I had to move back to my parents and don't have my own kitchen anymore, so I don't know when I will.

Reaction score

I beg you; reject that psychic's ramblings and prepare for some wonderful years ahead. I paused to Google "psychics ruining people's lives" and sure enough, they were many stories confirming that some were actually speaking ill into people's lives causing persons needless stress . Again, I say reject the baseless rubbish and let us get on with baking some cakes.

The power of position thinking tells me you will back in the kitchen shortly, putting out some yummy delights!

Reaction score
I will be baking on Christmas day. I will be baking sweet potato pies. I love sweet potato pies, but I only bake them around the holidays. I will also be baking rice pudding. It's been awhile since I have made it. I am definitely going to taste it before I serve it to anyone.

Reaction score
I beg you; reject that psychic's ramblings and prepare for some wonderful years ahead. I paused to Google "psychics ruining people's lives" and sure enough, they were many stories confirming that some were actually speaking ill into people's lives causing persons needless stress . Again, I say reject the baseless rubbish and let us get on with baking some cakes.

The power of position thinking tells me you will back in the kitchen shortly, putting out some yummy delights!
Thank you. I didn't want to believe what that psychic said and I hated her for approaching me when I'm already upset and worried about my life. I appreciate the positive comments and support.

Ask a Question