Where do you purchase your baking ingredients?

Discussion in 'Baker Banter' started by winnifred, Jun 26, 2013.

1. winnifred

Whitewolf2578 Active Member

I usually got to Trader Joes or a super market called "Winco" Usually everything is pretty cheap at Winco and they have a section when you can bag your own spices or flour so you can buy as much as you need, instead of buying an entire bag of flour.

Whitewolf2578, Jul 23, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. winnifred

dustysmommy2013 Well-Known Member

I was a bit confused by the title of this thread, I'll admit. Doesn't everyone just get their baking supplies from Walmart? Oh, apparently not. :) Well, that's what I do or I buy certain ingredients like chocolate chips in bulk from Sam's. Those two options haven't steered me wrong yet!

dustysmommy2013, Jul 23, 2014
    Irish lass 77 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. winnifred

kammy Well-Known Member

I like to purchase my baking ingredients at walmart or progressive foods as they tend to carry a wider selection of baking products at a price that is just right.

kammy, Jul 29, 2014
  4. winnifred

Irish lass 77 Member

I live in a small village in Vermont. We have a general store that includes a post office, bank, and just staples. The closest chain grocery store is 25 minutes away. This includes Walmart, Shaw’s, price chopper, dollar store, hannafords. So I’m researching best prices currently for bulk. Oh and my mind and heart say King Arthur flour (which I live 20 minutes from the main place) but my wallet says NoPE

Irish lass 77, May 10, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question