Where is the best place to store gumpaste flowers???

Reaction score
So I've started my adventure in gumpaste flowers. The first couple were horrible but the one I made today I love. I plan on using it for a wedding cake I'm doing next month.
I've read that gumpaste flowers can be stored for quite some time, thankfully, so I started early so I could be sure to have a flower done for their cake by then.
I also read that gumpaste flowers need to be stored in a cool dry place but have no idea where????
On the safe side I'm going to use those little packets of stuff, I can't remember the name, to put in the box with the flowers to keep moisture out.
So, where would the coolest driest place be??? Anyone have any ideas I really appreciate it!
Thanks,
Angie

Reaction score
If you are storing them with the "drier packets" in an airtight sealed container, you can store them in the back of the fridge or in cabinet that doesn't get heat from a vent, the stove, or the fridge. You could probably even store them in a hall closet, if you don't have inquisitive kids around.

If you are going to use those "drier packets", make sure they are the ones specifically made for food. The other ones can be toxic, like the ones you find in shoe boxes.

Reaction score
This is the gumpaste flower I created using a rose cutter.
A few hours ago I realized that the gumpaste still hadn't hardened up at all from yesterday. So I turned on the oven for ten minutes then turned it off and put the flower on a cupcake tray and put it in the oven. Worked like a charm. I used pearl ivory luster dust and royal blue food dye to decorate. I think it turned out nice. Going to let it set over night and check it in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 424
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm pretty broad of it. I did add a lighter blue to try to highlight it a bit more and I love how it turned out especially since I'm a beginner with gumpaste.

Ask a Question