Which Baking Oven to Buy

Reaction score
Hello there,

I want to buy a baking oven for my wife, as she is a devoted home baker and we just moved flats and have none at the moment. Because it is a surprise, I cannot ask her what to get! She usually bakes cookies, cakes and pastries. I would like to buy a big oven ( not a small countertop ).

Any advice on which one I should get?

Many thanks,
Iffy

Reaction score
You say "flat", so I assume you aren't in the states? LOL

I'm not familiar with the brands over there on the other side of the "pond", but for me.......a good bakers oven should be full convection, as well as have the browning elements, and be "self cleaning". A good window in the door and a light inside is also good to have, so you don't have to open the door to look at whats going on.

More good features would be more slots for more racks.......so if she does bake cookies, instead of the standard 2-3 racks ovens usually have, 5-8 would be better. If she bakes bread, or plans too in the future, an oven with a dough warming feature (for rising the dough) would be excellent.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Hey, thanks a lot for the reply.

You guessed it right, I live in Europe :) Funny how nuances give away such things.

You helped me plenty, thanks!! I have to look for an oven with:
1. Full convection
2. Self cleaning
3. Window and inside light
4. Plenty of racks

She's not the bread person, so I don't dough warming will be necessary.

Again thank you and best wishes,
Iffy

Ask a Question