Stiff peaks vs soft peaks for cheesecake?

Reaction score
Hello, I've been baking cheesecakes for a little while and some recipes call for stiff peaks and some call for soft peaks? which is better and why?

Reaction score
Hello, I've been baking cheesecakes for a little while and some recipes call for stiff peaks and some call for soft peaks? which is better and why?

You must be making Japanese cheesecake:) I can’t imagine soft peak does much for the cheesecake. Soft peak works fine I n a soufflé with a few ingredients. But with the cheesecake you need a little bit more lifting power so stiff peak is better

bjm

Reaction score
I wonder what type of cheesecake you are making.
I was always taught to add the eggs as a last ingredient one at a time and to incorporate only just until mixed to avoid incorporating too much air which cause bubbles, sinking and cracking of the finished product.

Reaction score
I wonder what type of cheesecake you are making.
I was always taught to add the eggs as a last ingredient one at a time and to incorporate only just until mixed to avoid incorporating too much air which cause bubbles, sinking and cracking of the finished product.

Japanese, its similar to jiggly sponge cake.

Ask a Question