Which small appliances are on your counter right now?

Reaction score
I know many of us have more appliances than we know what to do with and our counter spaces are very limited with what we can keep out all the time. For most people the coffee pot is the one sure thing that stays out on the counter. Maybe for you it's something else. Which items have a place of importance on your counter?

My coffee pot has a spot of importance on my counter. It never gets put away. Also, the microwave, which should go without saying, has a perpetual spot on the counter. I have an electric coffee grinder that doesn't take up much room that sits behind the coffee pot. Also, the toaster stays out on the counter, although, I haven't been using it all that often lately, and may just stick it in the cupboard.

I used to have an electric can opener years ago but when it died I never replaced it. The crock pot and mixer are put away. The food processor is in a cabinet. I never used the blender so I gave that to a friend that needed one. At various times, these items had their share of counter space.

The rest of my counter space is taken up with the dish drainer near the sink, a paper towel stand, two large vases that hold different cooking utensils, the microwave, and a few decorative items.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have all kinds of appliances on my counter .There is a toaster the coffer maker and rice cooker. The kitchen aid stand mixer is also on the counter because it is way to heavy to move around.

Reaction score
I have a crock pot (which has dinner in it cooking!), a coffee maker that only my husband uses, a bread maker (which I just made bread with) and a break box. I also have a block of knives on there. I like to keep my counter pretty empty. Luckily, it's on the bigger side.
I keep my kettle on my stove. It's orange and looks awesome against the black smooth top

Reaction score
We have a toaster oven on our counter. Most of the other appliances (blender, popcorn maker, etc) are kept in the cupboards.

Reaction score
A toaster, coffee pot, a bur mill grinder for my coffee beans, a blender and a microwave. I've been considering getting rid of my coffee pot and bur mill grinder, since I no longer buy fresh beans and drink coffee very much anymore. Instead I've been thinking about getting a Keurig instead, since it would be less waste for me. I often would brew a whole pot and not end up drinking it all. I know the pods are more expensive, but if I am not wasting entire pots of coffee, then they would actually be saving me some money. I've also considered putting my blender away and not leaving it on the counter since I so rarely use it.

Reaction score
My electric coffee bean grinder lost it's place on the counter. I put it under the sink. I wasn't buying beans anymore, for the last 6 months or more, so into the cupboard it went. It didn't save me all that much space, though, since it is small and sat behind the coffee pot. I figure if I ever get another electric can opener it can go there. :)

Reaction score
A microwave (not too small LOL), toaster, KitchenAid mixer, electric can opener, blender (my kids love smoothies for breakfast) and a scale...Little to none counter space left after that. If I ever get to build a dream house, it will have a HUGE kitchen ;)

Reaction score
Sometimes it is just so much of an inconvenience to drag something out of the cabinet that I don't even bother. I have a nice little electric chopper, but by the time I dig it out from behind everything else, I could just chop my vegetables up by hand. :D

I finally took the toaster off the counter and put that away in a cupboard. I wasn't using it all that much so why continue to use up the counter space?

Yes, my dream kitchen would have a walk in closet with a lot of shelves to put all these appliances and large pots and pans. Wouldn't THAT be nice?

Reaction score
My coffee pot and my microwave are the only appliances taking up space. If I were to have more out I would not have room for meal prep. Thankfully I have lots of cabinet space to keep the toaster and mixer.

Reaction score
I should preface my list by stating that I worked for several years at a cookware store, and I greatly benefited from the generous associate discount. I have four Breville appliance: a convection oven, their 'risotto pot' (a combination slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and sauteer), their one-cup keurig machine (which I use for both coffee and also to get hot water for tea), and their 'juice and blend,' which uses one base that works as both a juicer and a blender. I have a small kitchen, but these multitasking appliances are often in use, so I just keep them all out.

Reaction score
Just my toaster, coffee maker and a blender. Blenders are the devil, by the way lol. Gaaaaah, do I miss my Ninja.

Reaction score
There are a few small appliances on my counter currently. I have a toaster, coffee machine, blender, and electric can opener. Though, the number will increase as I will be getting a fryer.

Reaction score
Now that I'm thinking about it, I have quite a few on my counters! The big kitchen was definitely a selling point when we bought this house ;) On our counters, we have a KA stand mixer, a big food processor, a smaller bullet-style food processor, a mega-blender, a microwave, a toaster oven, and a Keurig. To be fair though, we do cook at home all the time, and live with a chef!

No one should have three friers in their pantry, but these things happen.

Reaction score
I know many of us have more appliances than we know what to do with and our counter spaces are very limited with what we can keep out all the time. For most people the coffee pot is the one sure thing that stays out on the counter. Maybe for you it's something else. Which items have a place of importance on your counter?

My coffee pot has a spot of importance on my counter. It never gets put away. Also, the microwave, which should go without saying, has a perpetual spot on the counter. I have an electric coffee grinder that doesn't take up much room that sits behind the coffee pot. Also, the toaster stays out on the counter, although, I haven't been using it all that often lately, and may just stick it in the cupboard.

I used to have an electric can opener years ago but when it died I never replaced it. The crock pot and mixer are put away. The food processor is in a cabinet. I never used the blender so I gave that to a friend that needed one. At various times, these items had their share of counter space.

The rest of my counter space is taken up with the dish drainer near the sink, a paper towel stand, two large vases that hold different cooking utensils, the microwave, and a few decorative items.
I have a coffee maker, toaster and that's it. I keep my bread maker, grill/griddle, skillet tucked away. I find the two things are the only one's I'll need on a regular basis.

Reaction score
I have a rice cooker on my counter, and you can actually bake some surprisingly tasty things in it! I found an awesome recipe for rice cooker banana bread and lava cake. I actually like baking with my rice cooker a little more than using my oven. The oven that came with my apartment gets really hot and burns things all of the time. It also sets off the smoke alarm every time I open the oven to make sure that things aren't burning, even if there's no smoke. Weird. Anyways, I digress; rice cookers sure are awesome.

Reaction score
I have sandwich maker on my counter, and this blender next to it; http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51101B-Personal-Blender/dp/B0017XHSAE but mine is in red color. This is great for a quick shake anytime of the day.

I put aside the coffee maker, that being the smallest Mr. Coffee model, I don't longer user because I also stopped buying coffee beans like Cheerio did.

I have a ton of other kitchen gadgets, but all of them have a compartment under the counter.

Reaction score
I have a small cabinet that has my microwave, the toaster oven on top of it and the coffee pot next to it. Then on my counter I have my toaster, a blender and a popcorn air popper along with my can opener. I have a hard time bending down to get things out of the cabinets, or some of these items would not be on the counter.

Reaction score
My KitchenAid mixer is proudly displayed on my counters even with the limited space. I wanted one for years so when I finally got it, there was NO WAY I was going to hide it away in a cabinet. Next to the mixer, I have a blender and my Magic Bullet. I have put both up before but it never fails that when I do, I need them both soon after. I just gave up and left them out. One the opposite counter, I have my Crock Pot and Microwave. Again, I could put the Crock Pot up but inevitably, I'll just be getting it back out soon. Other than that, there's the toaster but that really takes up no room at all. I still have one good, fairly big counter that is great for preparing food. I can't wait to own a house with a much bigger kitchen. That is pretty much my only requirement!

Ask a Question