Whipped cream melts too quickly

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time poster here. I recently switched from a stand mixer and bought a cream dispenser that uses those gas cartridges things. It’s been great, as i frequently have to whip small amounts of whipped cream to order. However, the whipped cream deflates way too quickly, and looks horrible even if you store the dessert in the fridge overnight.

Does anyone know any solutions for this? I use non-dairy whipping cream. How do I make it as stable as if I used a stand mixer?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time poster here. I recently switched from a stand mixer and bought a cream dispenser that uses those gas cartridges things. It’s been great, as i frequently have to whip small amounts of whipped cream to order. However, the whipped cream deflates way too quickly, and looks horrible even if you store the dessert in the fridge overnight.

Does anyone know any solutions for this? I use non-dairy whipping cream. How do I make it as stable as if I used a stand mixer?

Not possible. The whip cream dispensers are only meant to whipped cream for immediate serving.

Whipped cream is unstable even if you whip it in your mixer. The only way to stabilize it is with gelatin. Even then it is only stable for about 24 hours.

The reason it is whipped cream is just fat globules that form a chain on top of air bubbles. Water, proteins and lactose are trapped in between the fat globules. The fat doesn’t form a solid structure, so the water molecules squeeze out. The air bubbles deflate and the whipped cream begins to deteriorate.

Reaction score
Not possible. The whip cream dispensers are only meant to whipped cream for immediate serving.

Whipped cream is unstable even if you whip it in your mixer. The only way to stabilize it is with gelatin. Even then it is only stable for about 24 hours.

The reason it is whipped cream is just fat globules that form a chain on top of air bubbles. Water, proteins and lactose are trapped in between the fat globules. The fat doesn’t form a solid structure, so the water molecules squeeze out. The air bubbles deflate and the whipped cream begins to deteriorate.
I see, thank you for the response! I guess I'll be switching to my stand mixer for now.

Reaction score
I see, thank you for the response! I guess I'll be switching to my stand mixer for now.

It’s important not to over-beat or under-beat the cream. Like egg whites, if the cream is thick , tight, and chunky, it is over-beaten. The cream should be billowy and thick enough that the whisk leaves a clearly marked path. It should hold its shape without sagging over.

Ask a Question