White Chocolate Buttercream

Reaction score
Found this recipe over at cookiesandcups.com, link is below, OMG! this sounds so heavenly......
Just 2 ingredients... seriously.....

Ingredients
  • 1 lb (2 cups) butter
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips
How to Make
  1. In a medium saucepan combine butter and white chocolate chips.
  2. Melt together over low heat, stirring. The butter and white chocolate will separate.
  3. When everything is melted remove from heat and allow to sit for 15 minutes or so. PLace saucepan in fridge and refrigerate until the mixture becomes solid, approx 3 hours. I actually let mine sit overnight.
  4. When you're ready to prepare the frosting, remove from fridge and let it sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes or so, to take the chill off.
  5. Place entire mass into bowl of stand mixer and beat for 2-3 minutes until frosting becomes light and fluffy.
  6. Pipe or frost cupcakes or cake.
Notes
If made ahead, you can store at room temperature for up to a day. If stored for longer in fridge, you will need to whip the frosting again, as it will get solid.

http://cookiesandcups.com/2-ingredient-white-chocolate-buttercream/

Reaction score
Yum, yum... super tasty and super simple to get it done. This can a truly time saver when you don't have any frosting at hand and yet it sounds like something that your guests may thing it's very elaborated :D

Reaction score
This sounds pretty good and very tasty.

Though, that 1lb of butter is something else. I think I may try and substitute it with something else.

Reaction score
I have never had white chocolate buttercream froasting. I bet this would be wonderful on raspberry cupcake. Thanks for sharing

Ask a Question