Who is your Favorite Food Network Star?

Reaction score
I love watching the Food Network on the weekends. I would say my favorite chef for quality of the meals that they make is Giada De Laurentiis. Her food is healthy but delicious and I love the way she makes the act of cooking seem fun.

Who is your favorite Food Network star?

Reaction score
Hmm, I really like Alton Brown! He is really fun and I love his show Good Eats. I'm probably going to give Cutthroat Kitchen a try just because he is the host; I don't like the premise, but he is so funny and I love how passionate he is about food.

Reaction score
Hmm, I really like Alton Brown! He is really fun and I love his show Good Eats. I'm probably going to give Cutthroat Kitchen a try just because he is the host; I don't like the premise, but he is so funny and I love how passionate he is about food.

I like Alton Brown too because he's intelligent, eccentric and reminds me of my high school film teacher.

I don't like Guy Fieri because of his obnoxious frat boy personality and his unflattering hair, and his bowling shirts.

Reaction score
My favorite I have not seen in years and darn if I can remember his name. He had a show on PBS and did Cajun/Creole cooking. He was so eccentric and funny. His stories were part of the reason I watched the show. He was silver-haired and wore glasses and red suspenders and always tried his dish with his customary glass of wine. Does anyone remember who I am talking about or his name perchance?

Reaction score
Not a big fan of Guy Fieri himself either, but I do like his show for all the interesting new places and yummy looking dishes.

Reaction score
I like the way Guy puts his olive oil, etc in squeeze bottles. It makes it so much easier to put in whatever you're cooking. I don't like his cooking show but I do like the Diner show when he goes to different diners and they show how they cook their food. That one I cannot watch if I'm on a diet.

Reaction score
I don't think anyone really likes Guy Fieri. He is nice enough and I like his show but as others have said, he seems a bit obnoxious.
On a positive note, I also like Rachel Ray. She's nice and I like her show.

Reaction score
Favorite star would probably be Rachel Ray, but I liked Paula's recipes. I will go against the popular vote here and say that I like Guy, I even like his hair:). I also like the Pioneer lady's recipes, too, not her necessarily, but the recipes. I also like the guy who does all of the Mexican cooking, his name escapes me right now. I haven't seen him in a couple of months.

Reaction score
I don't think anyone really likes Guy Fieri. He is nice enough and I like his show but as others have said, he seems a bit obnoxious.
On a positive note, I also like Rachel Ray. She's nice and I like her show.
Favorite star would probably be Rachel Ray, but I liked Paula's recipes. I will go against the popular vote here and say that I like Guy, I even like his hair:). I also like the Pioneer lady's recipes, too, not her necessarily, but the recipes. I also like the guy who does all of the Mexican cooking, his name escapes me right now. I haven't seen him in a couple of months.

I also not a fan of Guy but I like the whole concept of his show. I am a big fan of Rachel Ray. I love her meal planning ideas and her recipes. I also like that she includes affordable food items in her cooking.

Reaction score

By the Mexican cooking guy, do you mean Rick Bayless of Mexico One Plate At A Time? I like Rick Bayless, even though it does sometimes seem like he's creepily flirting with his daughter. In one episode where he was digging a fire pit, his daughter said "Speaking of hot, let's see how my dad is doing." :eek:

Reaction score
My favorite I have not seen in years and darn if I can remember his name. He had a show on PBS and did Cajun/Creole cooking. He was so eccentric and funny. His stories were part of the reason I watched the show. He was silver-haired and wore glasses and red suspenders and always tried his dish with his customary glass of wine. Does anyone remember who I am talking about or his name perchance?

You are thinking about Justin Wilson. He had a show on PBS... Old Creole guy. I loved watching him too. Him and his lil bit of wine! LOL!

Reaction score
I think mine is Rachel Ray. I love the 30 Minute Meals and then of course Paula D has great southern recipes that I love. I also like watching the Neeleys as well. They have some great BBQ recipes! Can you tell I am from the South? Bobby Flay is another one who I really enjoy watching grill. So many celebrity chefs to choose from!

Reaction score
I actually like Guy - but like others I like his Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives show best. I actually never really watched him in anything else - except when he was the "coach" for Foodnetwork Stars. I liked him in that because I think he was helpful to the nervous finalists. :) His "energy" and sometimes "childish" behavior gets a little old - but he seems genuine so it doesn't bother me too much!

I also like Alton Brown and really miss his old show!! I actually learned a lot and loved his quirkiness!! I like him as one of the mentors on Foodnetwork Star too! He is almost like the antagonist!! But he is so smart everyone listens to him!!

My favorites that I always record are actually Sandra Lee and Ree Drummond (the Pioneer Woman). I LOVE their recipes because they are easy to follow and don't require ingredients that are hard to find or that you might not already have on hand. I kind of enjoy The Pioneer Woman showing us what her family life is like because her kids are so cute and seem like normal people!!

I used to watch Paula Deen - I don't mind her style of cooking but her recipes weren't usually something I would cook. She does have a sweet personality but sometimes I found it a bit grating!! I don't think her sons are as dynamic as she is. I tried to watch both of their shows but just couldn't get into them.

Reaction score
You are thinking about Justin Wilson. He had a show on PBS... Old Creole guy. I loved watching him too. Him and his lil bit of wine! LOL!
Thats his name! thank you so much. I loved watching his show and tried many of his recipes. It had been so long I had forgotten his name, lol.

Reaction score
Thats his name! thank you so much. I loved watching his show and tried many of his recipes. It had been so long I had forgotten his name, lol.

You are welcome. I loved watching his show too. He was quite the character. I wish I could find re-runs of the show somewhere.

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Sandra Lee. Even though I like shortcut recipes, she has done some really racially insensitive stuff like her tacky Kwanzaa cake.
I'm not black, but even I can tell that sticking Kwanzaa candles and Corn Nuts on a cake mix cake is almost a mockery of that holiday. Really? Corn Nuts?
She's a little too obsessed with tablescapes. Does she really expect us to buy and keep several hundred sets of dishes to design a different tablescape for each meal?

Reaction score
By the Mexican cooking guy, do you mean Rick Bayless of Mexico One Plate At A Time? I like Rick Bayless, even though it does sometimes seem like he's creepily flirting with his daughter. In one episode where he was digging a fire pit, his daughter said "Speaking of hot, let's see how my dad is doing." :eek:

Yes, Rick Bayless! thank you.

I like his dedication to Mexican cooking. I don't have the patience (or appetite) to stick with just one type of food. I would have to branch out. I really like Mexican food though, so I appreciate his cooking skills.

His daughter said that? Oh my gosh, hopefully she was saying that he was hot because he was out there digging that fire pit:oops:o_O, but you just never know these days.

I like that he has his daughter on the show, but one time I was watching them and she was just incredibly loud, like loud for no reason. That was getting on my nerves, but, looking on the bright side, she seems really interested in cooking, which is a good thing for their cooking show:).

Reaction score
I also not a fan of Guy but I like the whole concept of his show. I am a big fan of Rachel Ray. I love her meal planning ideas and her recipes. I also like that she includes affordable food items in her cooking.

I like how Rachel does affordable meals too. And I really like how she whips something up in about 30 minutes, that makes me feel like cooking a great meal does not have to take all day. I mean, there are some things that one cooks that take time, but I think it is great to be able to get a meal on the table, from start to finish, in 30 minutes. It certainly helps that she has all the ingredients there and ready to go.

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Sandra Lee. Even though I like shortcut recipes, she has done some really racially insensitive stuff like her tacky Kwanzaa cake.
I'm not black, but even I can tell that sticking Kwanzaa candles and Corn Nuts on a cake mix cake is almost a mockery of that holiday. Really? Corn Nuts?
She's a little too obsessed with tablescapes. Does she really expect us to buy and keep several hundred sets of dishes to design a different tablescape for each meal?

Lol, your post had me laughing a little bit when you said, "but even I can tell..."

I like Sandra, and I am black, although I didn't see the Kwanzaa thing though. Had I seen it, I may not have been too offended by the whole corn nuts on the cake thing because I don't celebrate Kwanzaa, but perhaps maybe I would have been offended. I don't know.

Perhaps that particular episode is on YouTube and I can see what you are talking about. I would be utterly fascinated to watch someone put Corn Nuts on a cake:).

I like Sandra's tablescapes, but you are right, they are a bit much. A person has to have a storage room full of dishes and decorations to pull off the kind of stuff that she does, but she tries to make things fun, so that's one of the reasons why I like her.

I also like her because a few years ago, I saw a documentary on her. How she basically raised her siblings, how they were dirt poor and she used to go out and pick wildflowers to dress up a table to make things cheery for everybody, how she cooked all the meals, even though she was just a little girl.

I also really like how she always fixes some kind of alcoholic beverage;).

Reaction score
Lol, your post had me laughing a little bit when you said, "but even I can tell..."

I like Sandra, and I am black, although I didn't see the Kwanzaa thing though. Had I seen it, I may not have been too offended by the whole corn nuts on the cake thing because I don't celebrate Kwanzaa, but perhaps maybe I would have been offended. I don't know.

Perhaps that particular episode is on YouTube and I can see what you are talking about. I would be utterly fascinated to watch someone put Corn Nuts on a cake:).

I like Sandra's tablescapes, but you are right, they are a bit much. A person has to have a storage room full of dishes and decorations to pull off the kind of stuff that she does, but she tries to make things fun, so that's one of the reasons why I like her.

I also like her because a few years ago, I saw a documentary on her. How she basically raised her siblings, how they were dirt poor and she used to go out and pick wildflowers to dress up a table to make things cheery for everybody, how she cooked all the meals, even though she was just a little girl.

I also really like how she always fixes some kind of alcoholic beverage;).

I appreciate the stuff that you said about Sandra Lee's background.
But it was ignorant of her to make a cake with marshmallow fluff for a Jewish holiday when marshmallow is made with pig gelatin and marshmallows are not kosher.

And Corn Nuts have nothing to do with Kwanzaa so why would she put them on a Kwanzaa cake? To my knowledge ,they don't even have special cakes for Kwanzaa so she made that up.

The videos for both of these cakes are up on Youtube and you should see how the comments make fun of her.

I think she should just make cakes for holidays that she actually celebrates. What's next, a Diwali cake made from slaughtered sacred cows?

Ask a Question