Who is your favourite baking celebrities?

Reaction score
I love to watch Martha Stewart TV show especially the cooking and baking segment. Other than that I also go to Youtube to watch Laura Vitale of "Laura in The Kitchen" , Stephanie Jaworski of " Joyofbaking" channel and "Hilah Cooking".

So who are your favourites?

Reaction score
That is so hard to come up with an answer because most of the celebrity chefs I enjoy cook the entire spectrum and are not focused on just baking. I love Kevin Gillespie from Top Chef, Gordon Ramsey and , here is a baker, Elizabeth Falkner. I can name so many more I love like Michael Simon but the list would be so huge. I learn a a lot about baking and cooking form all of them.

Reaction score
I don't have a favorite baking celebrity. I like to watch the food channel at times a lot of them are really great cooks.

Reaction score
I love Paula Dean! I know that she isn't only a baker, but I cannot get enough of her shows. She really reminds me of my grandma and her southern cooking. I guess you can say that she makes my comfort food.

I love to watch Martha Stewart TV show especially the cooking and baking segment. Other than that I also go to Youtube to watch Laura Vitale of "Laura in The Kitchen" , Stephanie Jaworski of " Joyofbaking" channel and "Hilah Cooking".

So who are your favourites?

Reaction score
I love the Barefoot Contessa. I saw her make a decadent log roll with butter, cinnamon and walnuts. Yummy! I know she is not always the healthiest, but she does use high quality ingredients and bakes with love!

Reaction score
I like Paula Deen, Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa), Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver.

As far as baking reality shows, I like Ace of Cakes better than Cake Boss.

Reaction score
My husband just loves watching the Food Network, and I think he watches all of the Chopped contests, and the guy with the red convertible who drives all over to try out restaurants. Some of these shows do seem to have some worthwhile ideas, but I think the chef cooking contest where they give them weird stuff to use, most of the things they make are not anything I would want to make or eat. So far I don't have any that are a favorite to watch, but I think the guy that has them trying to be a Sweet Genius, is pretty interesting and even funny, some of the desserts they make, and what it is supposed to represent.

Reaction score
For me it has to be Gordon Ramsay. He does a good job of mixing in humour (as well as foul language) with some great baking and I think this combination is a win. Many other celebrity cooks are a little boring in terms of their approach and are simply not entertaining like Ramsay is. I really like Nigella Lawson too though because she has some great recipes I think.

Reaction score
I get a lot of my recipes from the Barefoot Contessa. I watch her show during the evenings and I have seen some great baked goods. I have also found that her recipes are quite easy to follow.

My favorite recipe of hers that I have been using is her shortbread cookies. They are easy to make and taste great!

Reaction score
I really like Alton Brown's show Good Eats, though not focused exclusively on baking. The usual style of cooking show is to present several different recipes, usually in terms of a complete dinner, but I think learning about one ingredient or dish in depth so you really understand it works better. Helps you diagnose problems, as well.

Reaction score
So many, but I love Lorraine Pascal and Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa)

Recently watched some of the late, great Julia Child's tv programmes - now there was a character, and a joy to watch

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the Food Network. I learn from all of the chefs on the network. I watch every show that comes on. This is my favorite channel to watch. I love the show "Chopped." I enjoy watching the chefs cook on the show.

Reaction score
Aw, I love Laura Vitale. I went through a big Laura in The Kitchen phase when I missed my grandmother's cooking (not my "baking grandma" lol.. my dad's mother was Sicilian). Laura's a cutie, love her.

Otherwise, I've never really watched baking shows. I used to watch regular cooking shows for ideas, but I don't think I even knew of any baking shows.

Reaction score
Chef John from FoodWishes blog is one of my favorites to watch, I check out his recipes on a daily basis. Some other food blogs I enjoy are Steamy Kitchen, Noble Pig and Budget Bytes.

I like Laura Vitale In The Kitchen videos on Youtube as well, but the Hilah Cooking ones kind of get on my nerves because she tries to hard to be "quirky" and it comes off really forced.

I've gotten kind of burned out on all the Food Network chefs, they all have their annoying catch phrases and mannerisms that they keep repeating over and over and over, it becomes torturous.

Reaction score
I wonder if Ace of Cakes is still on. Ace of Cakes came out first, but Cake Boss became more popular and now has a spinoff show and merchandise in stores.
I liked Ace of Cakes better because they were alternative, tattooed cake decorators.

Reaction score
I really don't have a favorite baking celebrity chef. I used to watch a lot of the Food Network, but I gave up cable TV awhile ago.

I do happen to enjoy the Barefoot Contessa. So of the food she cooks can be rich, but she always uses fresh and quality ingredients. I really learned that if you start with the best ingredients, the completed dish will taste amazing.

N

noahkma

OH MY GOD. Gordon Ramsay wins this debate by, like, 100%. I don't really even care about what he creates as a chef/baker. It's just sort of fun to see him blow-up on all the innocent aspiring-bakers on his show(s). On a side-note, I also like watching him bring restaurants back from the dead. Like, on his show Kitchen Nightmares. I'm sure he's a great cook, but I just love watching him explode more than I do watching him create delicacies.

Reaction score
I love the Martha Stewart also, Barefoot Contessa, and Ace of Cakes... I love to watch his shows on YouTube...

Reaction score
I like Mary Berry as she is well known for her cakes and Delia Smith too. I've watched their television shows since I was child and they always make everything look simple.

Ask a Question