Who uses a leveler

Reaction score
good evening:)

Hi everyone my name is Winona and I am not new to making cakes but I have never really made a layer cake before. Has anyone used one? Do you have a favorite brand. The reason why I’m trying my hand at doing a layer cake is because my daughter wants a princess cake for her birthday next month. I found a you tube video I was able to follow but I want to get better at leveling my layers. We have spent hundreds of dollars trying out the bakers in our area and I totally unimpressed with quality.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :) I just use a serrated knife and make a partial cut all around before going all the way through. Seems to work ok for me, have you tried that method before?

Reaction score
Hi. I do not own a leveler but I wanted to see if it would be worth it to get one:)

I guess it depends - if you struggle to get a straight line then it might be worthwhile. You can get adapters which attach on to a knife that help get a straight cut, there are loads of options out there.

Ask a Question