Whoopie Pies

Reaction score
This is my husbands favourite recipe and came from my Mother-in-law.

Whoopie Pies

1 cup of sugar
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1/2 cup of butter
1 TSP of vanilla
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1 TSP of baking soda
1 TSP of baking powder
2 cups of flour
4 tablespoons of cocoa
Can of whipped frosting

Mix the sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, milk, and vinegar
Then mix the rest of the ingredients. Stir until blended together.
Pour batter on a cookie sheet in small puddles. Bake at 325*F for 15 minutes.
Let cool. Once it's cooled frost the flat side of the "cakes" and stick two together like a sandwich.

Reaction score
My grandmother used to make these for my sister and I when we were little! I haven't had them in years! They are so delicious and look fairly easy to make! Any suggestions on making sure the cakes don't stick so they are smooth enough for the frosting without falling apart?
Thank you so much for the recipe! I am definitely going to make these and surprise my sister with them! She will be so shocked! :)
Thanks again for sharing!

Reaction score
This was just the thing I was looking for! I love to make cupcakes and cookies, but recently I have been yearning to try something a little different,without going overboard with complex ingredients or baking maneuvers. This looks like this will fit the bill! So the sugar-butter-eggs-vanilla-milk-vinegar mix is the frosting for the middle? At the yearly fair around here in Massachusetts, there is always a stand that sells the most delicious-looking (and giant) whoopie pies in so many varieties it's hard to choose which one you want! I always wondered an easy way to make them at home. Thank your mother-in-law and thank you for sharing; I am going to try this recipe out sooner rather than later!

Reaction score
Sounds yummy-need to do these very soon. So like recipes that havnt got ingredients in them that wouldnt normally be in the kitchen-so annoying when you find something you really want to try and then it has some random ingrdient in it you havnt got!!

Reaction score

Ask a Question