Winter funk

Reaction score
Last year at about this time, I complied really bad about being in the winter funk. It hit me hard and I actually stopped baking for a while because I had no motivation. I decided not to let that happen to me again this year. I have learned to stop worrying about things I have no control over and focus my energy on the fun things in life. I just want and stocked my baking cabinet again and am gearing up to make some tasty treats. Are any of you suffering from the funk?

Reaction score
For me I think I probably get most of my baking inspiration in winter - it's a lot easier to me to have an oven on and cooking things when it's cold outside rather than when it's hot! I do sometimes feel though that the New Year brings with it a bit of exhaustion after Christmas and the silly season - so for a while I don't feel like cooking anything at all!

Reaction score
Congrats to you for managing to do that :) Not many people can say they are no longer worried about things they cannot control! I'm also trying not to worry about that kind of things, also about the ones that can be fixed, I just try to stay busy and fix whatever can be fixed as I go.

Reaction score
My "funk" is just never having anything to do on the weekends. Regardless of what time of the year it is.

I don't like winter because of the cold. Now that I'm older, I really feel it in my joints.

Otherwise, it's just pretty much standard stuff year round for me.

Reaction score
There is less to do in the winter months, especially if you do not do winter sports. I would like to learn how to snowboard at some point, but have not got around to learning. Winter really can be a boring time of year. I like hiking during the spring and summer, but it is just too cold right now.

Reaction score
Winter....what's that again? I really can't have the 'Winter Funk' unless it's from my name. All I know about is the Summer funk. Today there was brilliant sunshine until a few light showers came. The nights are colder but we can survive that which is good for late night baking.

Reaction score
I have noticed that the days are starting to stick around a little later and that makes me happy. I was driving home from work a little after 5:30pm last night and saw that it was still light out and that made me feel alive. Yup, this winter has not gotten to me nearly as bad as last winter did. I am pleased about that and actually plan to do 4 batches of cookies on my days off this week to stick in the freezer.

Ask a Question