Winter storm Linus 1,000 miles long

Reaction score
We are near the beginning of the storm, here in Iowa, so we should be done with it in the next six hours. We will end up with about 15 inches of snow when it is done. Is it impacting you? It is pretty amazing to me that you don't have to go very far south to be out of snow and see rain. A little to the south of that is really warm weather. We are back into the deep freeze until next Friday!

Reaction score
Best of luck with that, my ant had a terrible time with the snow last week! This weather has been a little bit too crazy for me this year!

Reaction score
I live in TN, today we got a slight dusting they keep calling for like 2-3 inches but usually how it works is when the aren't calling for snow and then Bam! That happened to us last year, we woke up one morning and there was like 4 inches on the ground. I was sick with the flu so I didn't really care.

Reaction score
We totally were missed, or just got the edge of all the winter storms that hot New England. I suppose we were bound to get one full-on. The snow hasn't fell in two days, but the roads are still not great, even in town. There are mounds of snow everywhere. There was no school yesterday, and even today there were school delays. Friday it will be above freezing. This will be one incredible big mess when it starts to melt!

Reaction score
We totally were missed, or just got the edge of all the winter storms that hot New England. I suppose we were bound to get one full-on. The snow hasn't fell in two days, but the roads are still not great, even in town. There are mounds of snow everywhere. There was no school yesterday, and even today there were school delays. Friday it will be above freezing. This will be one incredible big mess when it starts to melt!

I agree about the big mess! I have seen many years living here that some people make fun of most of us when they are calling for snow and we run to the store and stock up, well we have to tell those people it isn't the snow we are concerned about it's the ice. That's why when it snows I'd rather it stay on the grass and not the roads! It's beautiful and everyone can still get out.

Reaction score
Well at least the snow missed you, 15 inches seems like an unbearable amount to deal with. I think the most we ever get at any given time is 6-8 inches, and 12 inches is real bad. Good luck with the rest of winter, looks like it will be over in about 6 weeks.

Reaction score
I agree about the big mess! I have seen many years living here that some people make fun of most of us when they are calling for snow and we run to the store and stock up, well we have to tell those people it isn't the snow we are concerned about it's the ice. That's why when it snows I'd rather it stay on the grass and not the roads! It's beautiful and everyone can still get out.

Exactly. It's the ice. I have four feet of snow outside my door; but that's not the issue. There's ice galore everywhere. Had a piece of it hit us bad here where I live in PA (I get lake effect snow from three different lakes) so we got dumped on. Then we had an ice storm that crippled some of our lines here. My internet was still fuzzy, even into today. I miss spring.

Reaction score
Exactly. It's the ice. I have four feet of snow outside my door; but that's not the issue. There's ice galore everywhere. Had a piece of it hit us bad here where I live in PA (I get lake effect snow from three different lakes) so we got dumped on. Then we had an ice storm that crippled some of our lines here. My internet was still fuzzy, even into today. I miss spring.

That sucks today was in the mid 40's and sunny, it's supposed to start raining and then turn to snow over night so not sure what's going to happen weather wise.

Reaction score
40 degrees and sunny? I'd be in a pair of shorts doing cartwheels. Tropical weather in comparison to mine, and the -5 outside it is right now. It's so cold with wind in some spots if I took hot water and threw it outside it'd freeze before it hit the ground. Like that discovery channel show taught us.

No lie. I hate this. Worst winter we've had in a minute.

Ask a Question