Would you get a cake-alike?

• Yes, sounds like fun!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
One of the latest fads is getting a life-size cake made in your own image. It's a foodies fantasy. You get a unique dessert that's symbolic and edible at the same time.

betty-white-cake.jpg

lifesize-wedding-cake.jpg

Reaction score
Well, this is not to criticize anyone who would...it's definitely a to each their own kind of thing, but I *don't* like the idea in general and I do think it's a bit weird. I don't mind smaller scale things...cake toppers or whatever, but a lifesize cake version of me isn't something I feel like I need.

Reaction score
I.... LOL.. I just don't see the point to it. In the top picture, obviously this was FOR her.. that's different. I just would never think to have someone bake a cake that looks like me for any reason.

Reaction score
Hahaha! No, thank you! While I find this incredibly humorous, it is not something I would want to do. I don't care to have all my closest friends and family member "eat me."
While this is not something I would want personally, I could however see myself trying/attempting to make a look-a-like cake for a friend as a gag gift. I would not go to the extremes of making the cake life-size or anything, but I could see myself trying to get creative in the kitchen and scultping her face, just as a joke for like her 50th birthday or something. I find it more of a gag gift idea than an actual centerpiece cake for everyone to enjoy.

Reaction score
Hahaha! No, thank you! While I find this incredibly humorous, it is not something I would want to do. I don't care to have all my closest friends and family member "eat me."
While this is not something I would want personally, I could however see myself trying/attempting to make a look-a-like cake for a friend as a gag gift. I would not go to the extremes of making the cake life-size or anything, but I could see myself trying to get creative in the kitchen and scultping her face, just as a joke for like her 50th birthday or something. I find it more of a gag gift idea than an actual centerpiece cake for everyone to enjoy.

Haha right? That's mostly how I feel, as well. Like the second picture...'are you ready to cut the bride?' um. No thanks.

Reaction score
No, I wouldn't waste money on a creepy, edible likeness of myself. Not only is it in poor taste, but there are better things to spend money on.

Reaction score
This is something a self-absorbed celebrity would love to do. I would never do this. Like the poster above said, this is creepy. It would really creep me out. I also agree that this is in poor taste. I would get a cake with a small picture of the recipient on it. But I would never get a life-sized one.

Reaction score
O my goodness!! who would actually want this?? Def not me thank you very much,lol.

Reaction score
Can you imagine going into Madame Tussauds and thinking "ummmm, I would love to take a bite out of that face." Now you can people! Not for me. I think I mirror other peoples reactions in saying this would creep the hell out of me. Cheaper than a wax work? I'd be happy with a cardboard cut-out?

Reaction score
One of the latest fads is getting a life-size cake made in your own image. It's a foodies fantasy. You get a unique dessert that's symbolic and edible at the same time.

betty-white-cake.jpg

lifesize-wedding-cake.jpg

I don't think that I would personally. I just think it would be too weird having my likeness made into a cake. They do look pretty cool sometimes though. I don't think that Betty White one looks anything like her though.

Reaction score
I guess it's cool in that it's a creative idea, but um, no thanks. Just creepy looking, if you ask me.

Fun topic though.

Ask a Question