Yogurt Desserts

Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of yogurt based desserts popping up out there now that people are trying to have a more healthy diet. I recently had some Greek yogurt with cut up grapes, apples, and nuts. It really satisfied Mr he sweet tooth I was having. What kind of yogurt Desserts have you tried?

Reaction score
I love just plain old greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey when I'm at home - it definitely does hit that sweet craving!

When I've been out and about, it's usually yogurt parfait type things that are sold at cafes here. Basically layered yogurt, usually some sort of mixed berry compote, perhaps some granola or nuts for crunch - but they are generally seen as breakfast food more so than a dessert.

Frozen yogurt on the other hand is hugely popular - most people treat it just like ice cream and pack it full of toppings like M&M's, sprinkles, and so forth. There's plenty of chain frozen yogurt stores here with all manner of flavors and topping varieties!

Reaction score
I love to eat plain Greek yogurt as well, we sometimes add some organic honey to it an d that's it. I think it's good to have that kind of things at home, in case the sweet tooth strikes in the middle of the week, It's not completely healthy if you have insulin resistance, but it still is better than eating a chocolate bar.

I personally love yogurt based frozen pops :)

Reaction score
Yogurt with fruit is really good on a hot day. I use whole milk yogurt always, and usually get it plain. Adding a sweet fruit like fresh peaches or strawberries makes a pretty good dessert without adding any extra sugar at all. If you feel like more sweetness, a little honey will do it, particularly if you feel like using a fruit that is a bit tart. You can also dust with cocoa powder and a drizzle of honey if you want some chocolate flavor.

Reaction score
A plain yogurt is just fine for me. I just add fresh fruit of my choice in order to make it flavorful to eat.

Ask a Question