Yorkshire delight

Reaction score
Well I can’t bake a cake as my avens not fixed yet but I baked these bad boys in my grill/oven I love Yorkshire puddings

Attachments

• 44A565AE-2E41-48CC-957D-DA8817E53E1F.jpeg
    44A565AE-2E41-48CC-957D-DA8817E53E1F.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 102
Reaction score
Well I can’t bake a cake as my avens not fixed yet but I baked these bad boys in my grill/oven I love Yorkshire puddings
lol. Dang those look amazing! When I was a teen I had a friend whose mother was British. every Sunday her mother made a pot roast and Yorkshire pudding. In America “pudding” is a mousse like custard. My friend was always going on about her mother’s Yorkshire pudding and how much she loved to eat it with pot roast. Well I thought she was talking about a mousse dessert. So I couldn’t understand why her mother would serve it with pot roast. So I finally asked, and she burst out laughing when she explained that it was like what we call a popover:D

Reaction score
how many years do you carry the presumption that we are mousse dessert with our Sunday dinners yorkshire puds are great with Sunday dinners,but ado if you take a Yorkshire pudding put cream’e fresh on it,fresh salmon on top of the crem’e fresh a little freshly grated Horse radish and a squirt of fresh lemon on the top,it tastes absaloutly sublime

Reaction score
Ive just looked at what you call popovers in America,I’ve never heard of them before,they are pretty Mitch Yorkshire puddings with a different name,you learn something new every day lol @ Norcalbaker59

Reaction score
how many years do you carry the presumption that we are mousse dessert with our Sunday dinners yorkshire puds are great with Sunday dinners,but ado if you take a Yorkshire pudding put cream’e fresh on it,fresh salmon on top of the crem’e fresh a little freshly grated Horse radish and a squirt of fresh lemon on the top,it tastes absaloutly sublime
hahahah...it was about a year. we’d be hanging out together and dinner time would come around, suddenly she’d jump and announce, “I’ve got to get home, it’s Sunday my mom is making pot roast and Yorkshire pudding!” All I could imagine was a chocolate mousse in pudding cup. And for the life of me I could understand why anyone would eat pudding and roast beef.

The other think I though was odd at the time, not now, the framed rubbings made from a mausoleum. Unlike the common gravestone rubbings, these were rubbings of carved images that were on the walls of a mausoleum. At the time I thought it creepy that someone would go into an old graveyard to make an rubbing of the walls. But when I went to Europe some years later I visited several graveyards. So now I don’t think it’s so odd.

Now I could definitely enjoy a Yorkshire pudding with salmon, cream, a bit of horseradish and lemon.

Reaction score
Ive just looked at what you call popovers in America,I’ve never heard of them before,they are pretty Mitch Yorkshire puddings with a different name,you learn something new every day lol @ Norcalbaker59

Yes we speak English but we use different terms for a lot of the same things:

Flat Apartment

Boot Trunk

Wardrobe Closet

Hob Cooktop

Pudding Dessert

Lift Elevator

Cot Crib

Petrol Gas

Tins Pans (I say both)

Postbox Mailbox (I say both because my gramps was a once postman; his mom was Irish he was said postbox)

car park parking lot

football soccer

Reaction score
I could picture your friends face when you asked her about the Yorkshire puddingclassic,yes some of the religious rubbings and carvings in the graveyards are100’s of years old religion in Britain changed when Henry v111 went on the rampage destroying the monestrys and becoming the head of the church so he could control his womanising needs and marry and divorce as he saw fit,if ever in our history there was a selfish monarch it was Henry V111 he should have been hung,so you have Irish descendants in your family history then,is it on your mum or dads side,many Irish people fled to America for a better life back in the 1800’s to the 1900’s,but life wasn’t as good as they hoped when they got there and found it very tough,Fromm the 1800’s to around the 1900’s around 4.5 million Irish Emigrated to America,I bet you have a very fascinating family history,I bet your family tree is really interesting @Nordicbaker59

Reaction score
Leftover Yorkshires with jam on for a supper time treat! Not that we often have leftover Yorkshires in our house!

Reaction score
I could picture your friends face when you asked her about the Yorkshire puddingclassic,yes some of the religious rubbings and carvings in the graveyards are100’s of years old religion in Britain changed when Henry v111 went on the rampage destroying the monestrys and becoming the head of the church so he could control his womanising needs and marry and divorce as he saw fit,if ever in our history there was a selfish monarch it was Henry V111 he should have been hung,so you have Irish descendants in your family history then,is it on your mum or dads side,many Irish people fled to America for a better life back in the 1800’s to the 1900’s,but life wasn’t as good as they hoped when they got there and found it very tough,Fromm the 1800’s to around the 1900’s around 4.5 million Irish Emigrated to America,I bet you have a very fascinating family history,I bet your family tree is really interesting @Nordicbaker59

My gramps was half Irish, half Flemish. His mother was from Ireland, his dad from Belgium. He wasn’t my biological grandfather. He married grandmother my father was about 2 or 3 yrs old, so he raised my father. And we all grew up with his surname. When I was 24 he too me to visited the Flemmish side of his family in Belgium. I was extremely close to my grandfather. We wanted to hop the ferry from France to England, but I only had three weeks, so I had to get back to the US for work. He stayed on Europe for another three or four weeks.

When I went back to Europe, I went to Italy. And I haven’t been back sense. My sister is a fiber artist. she spins her own yarns, dyes, knits, and weaves. She planned to a big fiber convention in Scotland last year and wanted me to go with her. But the pandemic, so that was the end of that.

Reaction score
@Nordic59
well you have certainly got European flavour through your blood haven’t you,when The pandemics over,if you ever get chance to come to the British isles do it,it’s a beautiful country with an amazing history,beautifull Countryside,lovely quaint little towns and villages,and some amazing architecture,castles,churches,cathedrals are beautifull here

Reaction score
@Nordic59
well you have certainly got European flavour through your blood haven’t you,when The pandemics over,if you ever get chance to come to the British isles do it,it’s a beautiful country with an amazing history,beautifull Countryside,lovely quaint little towns and villages,and some amazing architecture,castles,churches,cathedrals are beautifull here

and will you be baking @Norcalbaker59 a victoria sponge to welcome her? ;)

Reaction score
@ShuBunny

well I never thought about it Shubunny,i Don’t think it would be viable tho as it would look pretty grim by the time the courier delivered it to where she would be based

Reaction score
hahah! no, I meant when Norcal has a chance to visit the british isles, and u are based there yes? :D

Reaction score
Do you have someone coming to fix your oven @Stephen Booth ? What a nightmare for you. Ours also needs fixing but at least it just runs consistently cold and I can compensate for that. Not much good if everything you try to bake gets scorched.

Reaction score
@Nordic59

My grandma’s side we are definitely European. We traced our ancestors back to Europe. My grandmother and all her Siblings were red haired and freckled so I assumed that she was Irish. but my brother did a DNA test and it says were Norse. My youngest son has the reddest hair and blue eyes.

On my mother’s side I am Japanese. My great grandfather 15 generations back was a high ranking samurai. He started construction of a castle, and his son competed the construction. It was later destroyed, then part of it reconstructed. Now it’s a public park.

Reaction score
Do you have someone coming to fix your oven @Stephen Booth ? What a nightmare for you. Ours also needs fixing but at least it just runs consistently cold and I can compensate for that. Not much good if everything you try to bake gets scorched.
@Emmie
yes Emmie the thermostat in the main oven has totally packed up but due to lockdown I cant get anyone here to fix it yet,my grill/oven works though so all is not lost because I can still cook my dinner

Reaction score
@Nordic59
wow,so your a Norwegian,Irish,Japanese American Girl,that is some ancestry,fascinating,I don’t know anything about my Ancestors,I should delve into it and research it lol

Ask a Question