You Can Only Pick and Keep 1 Family Recipe: What is it?

Reaction score
So say hypothetically you have an entire box or file or whatever of family recipes passed down to you from several generations ago. Due to an unexpected circumstances, you can only pick and grab 1 recipe and the others have to be left behind. What would it be, and why?

Reaction score
Wow i have some awesome family recipe that have passed down from generations but if i should choose just one it would most definitely have to be the recipe for our Christmas Fruitcake...this is one recipe i stick to every Christmas and i try not to alter it in anyway whatsoever.

Reaction score
I don't have very many recipes that were passed down, so I guess in a way that makes this particular scenario easier to navigate. I would keep the recipe for chocolate hazelnut cake, I've never been able to come even close to as good in any other recipe I've tried for it.

Reaction score
I think I would take the pickled herring recipe. It is the most useful potentially, in addition to being really tasty because I am pretty sure if needed, one could use that recipe with other types of fish as a preservation. I'm all for going practical and taking something that might make a nutritional difference in my life, rather than just something tasty.

Reaction score
Wow i have some awesome family recipe that have passed down from generations but if i should choose just one it would most definitely have to be the recipe for our Christmas Fruitcake...this is one recipe i stick to every Christmas and i try not to alter it in anyway whatsoever.

Ohhh yummy, can you share? Or is it a family secret recipe? ;)

Reaction score
I don't have very many recipes that were passed down, so I guess in a way that makes this particular scenario easier to navigate. I would keep the recipe for chocolate hazelnut cake, I've never been able to come even close to as good in any other recipe I've tried for it.
Yum that cake sounds really good! I love chocolate and I love cake, so what's not to like? :p

Ask a Question