You fave childhood birthday cakes?

Reaction score
When I was a child, I was always allowed to choose what cake I would get for my birthday. So it was never a surprise, but I personally appreciated that a lot. I'm not a cake fan, so I assume it saved mum some money to do it this way lol. I always chose black forest.. I don't know why, considering it's cakey and I hate cakey, but that was the one cake I tolerated for some reason. I can't stand black forest these days.... weird. Once ice cream cakes became a thing, that was my go to. Not cakey, everyone loves ice cream, those crunchy chocolate nuggets in the center.. oh man!

Were your birthday cakes the usual.. store bought, mix, homemade? Or did you get to request? What was your most favourite birthday cake?

Reaction score
I always have and probably always will love ice cream cakes from Dairy Queen! They were my all-time favorite birthday cakes to receive! They are so delicious! My favorite part is the chocolate crunch in the middle of the cake as well! :)
I also have always loved my moms home made chocolate chip cake with homemade peanut butter icing. It is so amazing! It tastes like a giant reeses cake! She would make it for me the years I didn't get an ice cream cake.
My sister every year for her birthday wanted a home made cheesecake. She loves cheesecake! We would put candles on it and treat it as her birthday cake! :)

Reaction score
As a kid, I loved cakes and for my birthday, I mainly got chocolate cakes. When I because a teenage, I fell in lobe with red velvet cake so my mom made sure I had one for each birthday. I still love both though!

Reaction score
Growing up we always had a homemade cake for birthdays. When we were little, I remember mom making cupcakes that spelled out "Happy Birthday" and our name(s), that was fun! We never had store bought cakes although I do remember going to other kids' birthday parties and eating that but I don't think I ever had one that tasted better than mom's cake.
My favorite cake(s) are homemade chocolate, carrot or spice cake. I never really liked ice cream cakes, maybe because I can take or leave ice cream in general. That being said, I would never turn down a good ol' fashioned hot fudge sundae or my favorite that is no longer available (at least I haven't found it around here anymore), Friendly's Swiss Chocolate Almond sundae, yum!

Reaction score
Has to be homemade! Though, my mom never was much of a baker so she'd make it from a box and now just buys the cakes...or asks me to bake them. :)

Reaction score
My cakes were always, always store bought. The I didn't mind. I, also, got to pick out what type of cake that I wanted. It was usually whatever I was very obsessed with at the moment. I do believe my favorite one was a Yu-Gi-Oh themed cake while I was in elementary. It was beautiful and delicious. I'll probably start making small, homemade birthday cakes from now on though.

Reaction score
I also love the Dairy Queen Cakes, the oreo version is my favourite! I loved it as a child and I still do as an adult, I mean it's cake and ice cream in one, who wouldn't love that?! Growing up (until around the age of 10), my mom would usually purchase cakes without me knowing or bake them. One year my aunt made me a cake and we put a little Sailor Moon (the anime that I was crazy about when I was younger) figurine on the top, I think that was my favourite. After I hit 18 I didn't care for a store-bought cake anymore on my birthday but we still buy DQ cakes occasionally and write a silly message on.

Reaction score
As a child I would prefer an Ice cream cake from Carvel! If it wasn't a Carvel ice cream cake, I would have a Publix cake. Never really had a homemade cake for my birthday until recently. This past birthday I enjoyed a homemade Red Velvet cake from my grandmother.

Ask a Question