Your Favorite Birthday Cake (To Treat Yourself?)

Reaction score
I was just wondering: when your birthday rolls around, what is your favorite type of birthday cake to get?

Who makes it?

My birthday is coming up before the end of the month and, even though back home I liked to indulge in Dairy Queen's ice cream cakes, it does not exist here, so I was trying to think of different possible cakes, and I wondered what everyone's favorites are!

Reaction score
I don't eat sweets so I don't get a cake. I sometimes bake my own cake but with no sugar. So it just comes out as a big fluffy biscuit. LOL And I know it's not an actual cake, but have you tried making ice cream bread?

Reaction score
Carrot cake! We buy it from a place, because during or before my birthday I don't like the idea of being stuck inside the kitchen baking my own cake. I might bake a cake for others for their birthday tho, but never my birthday. When I bake a cake for a birthday I like to play a bit with the flavors and decoration, but my fav cake is chocolate.

Reaction score
I used to make Dairy Queen ice cream cakes and never care to have one gain lol! Seriously though, I just like to pick up a white cake from the bakery that has tons of butter cream and fluffy icing on it. I never bake my own cake, so it always comes from the bakery.

Reaction score
I've posted in another thread about summer sweets. This recipe is SUPER simple and you will be an instant hit where ever you take it.

Grandma "Charlie's" Hearth Bar Cake

1 angel food cake.

1 box of instant vanilla pudding

1 box instant butterscotch pudding

1 bag of Heath bar chips

1 tub of your favorite whip cream

--------------------------------------------------------------

To Prepare:

Begin by taking the angel food cake and ripping it into tiny chunks and toss into a bowl.

Make both packs of pudding according to the directions then mix together

Pour pudding mixture over the angel food cake

Take a whisk or mixer and whip the pudding and angel food cake together

Pour into your favorite baking dish.

Open the Heath bar chips and sprinkle them over the cake

Top with whip cream and more Heath bar chips.

Set in fridge for about an hour then serve!!

People will be begging for this recipe. :)

Reaction score
I used to like yellow cake with chocolate frosting, but really I prefer to let my birthday go unnoticed. Once I moved out of my parents home, I stopped telling people when it was, even if they ask. Cake has never been worth the attention to me.

Reaction score
I used to like yellow cake with chocolate frosting, but really I prefer to let my birthday go unnoticed. Once I moved out of my parents home, I stopped telling people when it was, even if they ask. Cake has never been worth the attention to me.
Yeah same here, I usually appreciate it if people don't make a huge deal out of my birthday. But if I'm out and about on my birthday I like to buy a fruit tart of some sort and a cup of tea to treat myself :) I love fruit tarts just as much as I love regular cake!

Reaction score
I love chocolate fudge cake. Especially the one from Costco. My husband really is the best husband in the world. He always gets me mu cake and we cut it at midnight

Reaction score
I'm honestly not a big cake person. I would much rather have a fresh fruit pie but my birthday is in February so that rarely happens haha. If I'm gonna get cake, the only kind I really like is carrot with cream cheese frosting.

Reaction score
I remember I was a teen working at an office of a company my dad used to work for when he passed away, and three women working there were older women who would hide sweets all around the office. The first day they told me so I could find them but I dont eat sweet so they were like more for us! Then one day one asked what I snacked on and I said mainly popcorn. Next day, they had a hidden tin of popcorn. LOLOL Anyway, for my birthday which was 2 months after I started, those ladies set up a tower of popcorn cakes with a candles and surprised me while singing. For such a short time there it was one of the most awesome and thoughtful things anyone has ever done for me. To this day, no one has done anything like that. The few parties Ive gotten, there has been cake for "company". LOL That's when I just started baking my own. For ME. LOL

Reaction score
Reaction score
When my birthday is coming I want that I am relax because it is my special day that is why I don't cook foods or bake something for my birthday. My family just celebrate it outside eating in a restaurant and just buy a cake to eat there. Ever since I tasted this kind of cake in one of a famous bakeshop in my hometown I had never forgot its delicious taste, The cake is quite tall, the fillings inside the cake, the frosting and its toppings they are all great! Although it is very expensive but it is worth it and you will never regret when you buy one box of the cake. That is why since my birthday is already near I will treat myself to have this "MANGO BRAVO CAKE" on my birthday. Take a look at this...Yummy!

Contis.jpg

lif8.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a huge cake! Reminds me of those italian christmas cakes! Looks fully delicious. Yeah, I think I might go in a café and get some nice cake with my boyfriend.

Reaction score
Chocolate cake always for me. I like to have a Flake cake if possible, but usually any chocolate cake with a chocolate filling and chocolate icing or chocolate buttons on top.

Reaction score
Lemon drizzle or a double Chocolate cake are my two favorite cakes!! Easy to make and everyone loves them (eat most of it myself though) The lemon drizzle cake it THE most simple thing to whip up in hardly any time. Just fab for when you need something sweet quickly.
If you visit my blog you'll see a recipe for both :) www.roseannacreates.blogspot.com

Photo 29-01-2015 16 29 54.jpg LEMON DRIZZLE - http://roseannacreates.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-easiest-lemon-drizzle-cake-ever.html Photo 06-02-2015 14 30 11.jpg CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE - http://roseannacreates.blogspot.com/2015/02/double-chocolate-cake-roseanna-creates.html

RoseannaCreates xox

Attachments

• Photo 06-02-2015 14 30 11.jpg
    Photo 06-02-2015 14 30 11.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 645
Reaction score
Reaction score
Like rice cakes snacks. It was so nice. They set them up like they do with doughnut tower "cakes".
pop.jpg
Oh, I always hated this. Kids used to have this at recess for snacks. I found it tasteless and did not like the texture. It does look healthier than a normal cake, though.

Ask a Question