Your favorite icing look

Reaction score
Does anyone prefer the look over one sort of icing to another?

When I'm icing cupcakes my go-to is the open star tip which is the second one (pink icing).

My least favorite of the ones in the diagram is the French Tip which is the yellow icing. It never seems to look good when I pipe with that tip!

Cupcakes+wtih+tips.jpg

Reaction score
The lilac/purple one is the one that appeals the most to me. Next is the pink. I actually don't like the blue one at all. It sort of looks dumb and too plain and suggests to me way too much sugar and heaviness. I can't explain it. I don't realy like the yellow one either, but the blue one is my least favourite!

Reaction score
It's a toss up between the middle two. I am not sure I can way which I truly like best because they are both so lovely. The tools used look very nearly the same as well. I think I would use both of them interchangeably to add a little texture. I don't care for the other two all that much. The first one just looks boring, the last one looks too busy..

Reaction score
I like one and two the most. The first time I ever saw the first one was while watching DC Cupcakes. It just jumped out at me as SO visually appealing. Two is really classic---three doesn't really do anything for me. I'd still eat it lol. The last one bugs me, it looks like that stuff that comes out of a spray can o' cheese.

Reaction score
I am attracted to the lilac/purple and the pink icings. I like icings with a resemblance of flower designs.

Reaction score
The middle two are very similar and most used so for that reason the ones I don't like. It's like everyone and their mother used that style. LOLOL I'm sorry...I'm like that Gin Wigmore song: "If everybody's doing it, then why the he77 should I?" :D

The yellow one looks...the word in Spanish is "fino" but I don't know if that translates to "elegant". But it looks nicer. Like @JamieRose I saw the first one on TV (Cupcake Wars) and it also jumped out at me. because it looks different at what I've usually seen. I've also seen it with small flowers on the side of the tip and it looked very nice.

Ask a Question