Your favorite mug cake recipes?

Reaction score
So lately I've been kinda interested on finding more and more mug cake recipes online. Most of them seem to be chocolate based, so I was very pleased when I found this one:

coffee-cake-in-mug-web.jpg

Finally! It's a 2 minute coffee cake, perfect for those who are kindas tired of the chocolatey mug cake recipes. I tried it last night and I must say the results are great, This is with no doubt my new fav mug cake recipe :) You can find it here: https://heatherlikesfood.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/2-minute-coffee-cake-in-a-mug/

Do you have a fav mug cake recipe you'd like to share?

Reaction score
That looks delicious, but s little high on the sugar for my diet. I'm inspired to investigate the mug cake concept though and play with different ingredients and quantities.

Reaction score
Same here! I think you could use less sugar if you wanted :) I'm honestly falling in love with this kind of desserts, specially the ones that involve other ingredients that aren't chocolate ;)

Reaction score
Well, since it's tried and tested by you, I might give it a try. I haven't had much like with mug cakes for the most part. Yes, the ones I tried were chocolate (since I'm a chocoholic), but they just didn't turn out very well. I've yet to have any that look like the pictures. The couple I've tried seem to have a more "rubbery" texture instead of the cake-like texture pictured.

Reaction score
Oh, rubbery? It sounbds like you left it in the microwave a little too long, when I ''bake'' a mug cake in the microwave I leave in there for as long as the recipe says it should, but if isn't enough I cook it in 10 sec bursts until done. You need to use self rising flour ALWAYS. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but managed to do it, really worth it if you feel like eating cake.

Reaction score
I just might try this, You know I have tried the chocolate mug cake and I think the vegan type one. I can't remember the details but I distinctly remember that both times I made them with my son in mind and he was not impressed on either occasion. This rubbbery thing seems to the mark of a mug cake and they never quite look like they do in the pics.

Reaction score
I just might try this, You know I have tried the chocolate mug cake and I think the vegan type one. I can't remember the details but I distinctly remember that both times I made them with my son in mind and he was not impressed on either occasion. This rubbbery thing seems to the mark of a mug cake and they never quite look like they do in the pics.

Did you use self rising flour? I think that rubbery effects is due over cooking, you see mug cakes are supposed to be blonde, firm in the edges and a bit soft in the center. If i were you next time I'd cut the cooking time, by a couple seconds, let's say then. Then if not done cook in burts of 10 until done.

Reaction score
Did you use self rising flour? I think that rubbery effects is due over cooking, you see mug cakes are supposed to be blonde, firm in the edges and a bit soft in the center. If i were you next time I'd cut the cooking time, by a couple seconds, let's say then. Then if not done cook in burts of 10 until done.

I honestly can't remember but I feel sure it was all purpose flour. If you had seen the disappointment on my face, I might have looked like I was posing for a 'mugshot'. I think I am off those mug cake for a bit.

Reaction score
This recipe is one of my favorites - it's eggless (for some reason an entire egg in a mug cake gives me the creeps!)

http://kirbiecravings.com/2014/04/peanut-butter-mug-cake-eggless.html

It's super simple and it's one of those recipes where I always have the ingredients on hand. Like the website says it's a little more of a crumbly texture since it doesn't have egg to bind it, but I've always found it delicious and the consistency never bothered me!

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for sharing!!!!!! I love that idea, to be honest I have never liked the idea of a whole egg either, so it's kinda refreshing to find an eggless recipe! Thank a lot for sharing, am not a huge fan of peanut butter, but I might actually try this one out!

Reaction score
Wow, it looks so rish and delicious! I really need to try this, but first I need to get some Nutella. I have been craving chocolate cake so badly for a bit now, but I don'r dare bake something (watching my figure), so this one sounds like a great way to satisfy my cravings!

Reaction score
I honestly can't remember but I feel sure it was all purpose flour. If you had seen the disappointment on my face, I might have looked like I was posing for a 'mugshot'. I think I am off those mug cake for a bit.

Lol, a mugshot! But I recall one day you posted a mug cake recipe, and you said it had turned out well, was this one later or before that good one? I might make brownies next week, from a box :p

Ask a Question