Your Favorite Pancake Toppings?

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :)

For me, there's nothing more sumptuous than the smell of freshly prepared pancakes in the morning. I remember waking up to the delicious smell of cupcakes almost every morning when I was still a little girl. Now, I couldn't help but live up to my mom's usual morning routine of cooking pancakes in her favorite pan. I think I have experimented with quiet a few toppings like the usual golden syrup, fruit jams, peanut butter, and chocolate syrups but I would have to say that the golden syrup is still my all time favorite pancake topping.

How about you guys, what are your favorite pancake toppings? I would love to hear your choices. :)

Reaction score
Oh gosh...my favorite is probably Nutella - but I don't keep Nutella in the house that often because I just want to eat it all!

I love blueberries or fruit on top, too. I know a lot of people have blueberries in the mixture, but I like some on top, drizzled with maple syrup :)

Reaction score
Well it has to be fresh fruit for me. To be quite honest I am not the biggest pancake, and I do prefer waffles, but when it comes to toppings I like the same things. I do not like whipped cream, and I never have and never will, so I always need to scoop that off because even if I ask for something with no whipped cream I almost always still get it that way. Blueberries and strawberries are my favorites, but also raspberries, some blackberries, green apple slices and some red grapes...that would be my ideal topping list.

Reaction score
We seldom make pancakes at home but I do eat pancakes outside. There is this Pancake House in the nearby city where I go for pancakes. Just the name implies that they serve pancakes. Good, fine. But the best pancake I have tasted is in Baguio City. The syrup is special and goes with slices of strawberry, the fruit that made the place well known because it's only there where you can find strawberry. And to make it more palatable, a side dish of crispy bacon will definitely make me salivate.

Reaction score
I'm actually craving for some pancakes now as I read your replies. I love how you all mentioned berries as part of your favorite toppings. I love all berries of any kind! :) Well, I love fruits and anything fresh. So the simple mention of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, then you also add grapes really makes me want to go to the market now and buy some of them for myself. Thank you for sharing guys! :)

Reaction score
I think I'm actually going to make pancakes for dinner now that I am craving them too! I figure they're delicious at any time of the day! ;)

One topping I forgot to mention but is a favorite of mine is just lemon juice and sugar. Simple but SO yummy!

Reaction score
I still love the tried and true butter and maple syrup. That's usually my default topping. I will sometimes add in some berries to the mix when making pancakes, if I have them on hand. If I'm out to eat, I will occasionally experiment with the many flavored syrups, as well as powdered sugar, but when I'm at home, I usually keep it pretty simple.

Reaction score
I like crushed bacon and tons of maple syrup on top of my pancakes.

Bacon_Pancakes_Maple_Bourbon_Butter_Sauce_Daphne_Oz_thg_120425_ms.jpg

Reaction score
This topic is timing because I just bought a pancake mix when I go to the supermarket yesterday because I was craving to eat a pancake. I saw a recipe of a banana pancake and since I love banana I want to try how does it taste. Now the more I am eager to try this recipe. ;) My favorite toppings is just butter and sweet syrup for the regular pancake.

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! :) All your replies just make me salivate more, especially when @ChesterV posted a picture. What I really love about pancakes is its being so flexible that you can experiment with just about any topping you would want to try on to it. It's just so amazing.

Reaction score
When I make pancakes at home, I either use pecan flavored pancake syrup, or a "fruit blend". When I make a fruit blend, it typically consists of strawberries, and sometimes raspberries, blueberries, etc. I just add the fruit in a bowl, and add sugar and mush it all up and put it in the fridge for at least an hour. Its great, a huge hit in our home!

Reaction score
My all time favorite is the same topping that I grew up eating. Golden syrup! Just that. I eat them with all kinds of different toppings, and I like to try new things whenever I eat out, but at home, golden syrup will always be my favorite topping of choice.

Reaction score
My all time favorite is the same topping that I grew up eating. Golden syrup!

Oh I hate syrup. No offense to anyone out there, and I know there are lots, who love the stuff, but I have just never been able to do it. I actually consider it one of the main reasons I do not eat pancakes all that much, but something about it being heavy and sweet, in the morning it is just too much. To each their own, though, and I know I am in the minority here.

Reaction score
I'm a savory eater and I prefer pancakes that are more like crepes, and so I love mushrooms with mine. I have had the thicker buttermilk ones before, but I still prefer a savory topping like a fried egg.

I know people love honey and syrup, but I just can't eat that in the morning.

Reaction score
I can't say I've ever tried pancakes with mushrooms before. I love mushrooms and I love pancakes so that is one combination I can't wait to try. I've always had mine with only an assortment of sweet toppings. Savory sounds like something that I might like though.

Reaction score
Once I made a cheese and bacon pancake concoction and that was really good- I need to experiment more with savory options, because I always seem to associate pancakes with sweet toppings. Nice to have a bit of variety, and savory meal options are always handy -- especially quick ones!

Reaction score
My personal favorite topping when I was a little girl is strawberry jam. Specially the one they sell from Baguio with whole strawberry inside. We really love them that we even put it in between layers. But now, we seldom have strawberry jam so we just use Nuttela instead.

Reaction score
I usually top pancakes with maple syrup and butter. On days when I have cravings for sweets, I spread a good amount of condensed milk over them. We usually have it as afternoon snack and rarely as breakfast fare and I love to eat it while drinking brewed coffee.

Ask a Question